The Return of Michael Thomas and How It Affects Rashid Shaheed's Versatility (1 Viewer)

MT13 can easily be our go-to WR for running option routes if he stays healthy. Put him behind Olave or Shaheed in a stack, let them run the vertical to clear the CB, and MT gets one on one with a slot defender. If they play single high to bracket MT, the vertical route becomes a legitimate target.
Yep!

IMO the trio of Sheed CO n Juwan have the speed to stretch defenses vertically. That’s gonna help open up the field, esp over the middle. THAT is where our passing O struggled big time last year!

But THAT also jus happens to b where MT makes his living!

I know it’s early, but safe to say, IF all goes well, this O could b pretty good this season!

In today's read, I explain what it means to have play like Michael Thomas back on the field at full strength and how it opens things up for playmakers like Rashid Shaheed. Enjoy!!

Good news is it also helps MT.

Visual representation.

No doubt Thomas will help CO and RS get open. At TE, the emergence of JJ and acquisition of FM should be icing on the cake.

However, QB play is mostly what makes Thomas light it up. With the right QB, he's always open.

Last edited:
I can only laugh at fans that only want playmakers at receiver and place no value on blocking. I remember folks on this board being livid that we just kept running AK between the tackles when our receiver Corp was decimated with injuries. Never realizing that out practice squad receivers couldn't block on outside runs. It limits your run game drastically when you can't depend on WR's to block.

• 1Like
Reactions: RJS
I can only laugh at fans that only want playmakers at receiver and place no value on blocking. I remember folks on this board being livid that we just kept running AK between the tackles when our receiver Corp was decimated with injuries. Never realizing that out practice squad receivers couldn't block on outside runs. It limits your run game drastically when you can't depend on WR's to block.
I'll take playmakers that can block any day.

Michael Thomas being healthy would have been worth at least three more wins last season.

God I hope this guy can give us at least one more solid season here. What a special talent when healthy.

Blocking is important. Why does it seem like everytime someone says the excited in 1 way or another, someone tries to down it? Look being a fan is about more than wearing a hat or a shirt, If you dont get excited and want the best for whatever team you root for, then are you really a fan? Im excited as hell, and alot of others are too, its good for everyone to be excited and support your team. Not to say yeah but he wont stay healthy, or the coach sucks, or gonna be the same as last year....miss me with that BS. Lets Go Saints!!!!

I'll take playmakers that can block any day.
Yeah wouldn't we all. The problem is, many playmakers are not good blockers. Some are just too light in the arse to block some corners, safeties or even LB's at times. So you need guys who can block even if they aren't supreme threats catching the ball.

And Michael Thomas himself was excellent in the slot with Brees. The Saints will be able to mix it up in a ton of ways whenever their top three WRs are healthy together.
This should provide a great opportunity for Dennis and Pete to open that playbook and deliver .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom