The ride continues! [TITLE CHANGED - AGAIN] (2 Viewers)

Very sorry to hear this Bleu. My thoughts are with you.

I also feel like I need to say that while M.D. Anderson is one of the better cancer hospitals in the country, and they provide very good care, they tend to focus more on cancer research than on patient care. You may want to check out the folks at the Baylor Medical Center. They have really stepped up their cancer care departments recently and depending on the specific type of cancer, may offer some better treatment options.

Good luck to you. A positive outlook on beating it always helps.

Very sorry to read of your difficult news. Speaking as one semicentenarian to another: Our fifties start to throw all sorts of unexpected health adversities at us, while also leaving us in the middle, coping with tough situations with our parents and sometime our kids as well. But we do our best to persevere, and often we prevail. You're in my thoughts.

Bleu

I am so sorry to hear this

Prayers go out to you and your family

Bleu, be a fighter. We got your back! My family and I will be sure you stay in our thoughts and prayers. If there is anything else we can do please feel free to call on us. You got this, now kick it's tail. BDM

I don't know what to say other than to remind you that your friends are with you. And somehow I know that regardless of how this shakes out, you'll be just awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I'm very sorry to hear this.

So, you have a referral, but have they given you a basic prognosis or time table for when chemo would start? Do you need surgery?

As terrible as this is, you need to get your affairs in order. One of my old close friends' mother was diagnosed with a type of brain cancer and was thought to maybe have months to a year left and she passed in 3 days after the diagnosis. I don't want to panic you, and I can imagine how difficult this all is, but those kind of things are best done early while you're still feeling well.

Very sorry to hear this, Bleu. Prayers for you and your family. Having a positive attitude is essential, like Zack said. You'll beat this

Well ****. Hang in there bro

Wishes for peace and strength, Jay.

Good luck to you. Stay on top of your diagnosis and treatments.
I spoke with a lady that had cancer. She just trusted that the doctors were taking good care of her. After a few months her doctor gave up and said nothing more could be done. She was convinced to seek a second opinion in another city. That doctor could not believe that certain tests were not done and ordered them. It turns out that it was too late for her and the new doctor told her that the other guy should have approached it differently and he felt like she could have had a different outcome.
Just educate yourself and remember that no one is more interested in a positive outcome than you are.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom