The ride continues! [TITLE CHANGED - AGAIN] (4 Viewers)

I am just going to leave this right here....

Had a biopsy of the largest of the remaining lesions of the metastasis: no evidence of cancer. :ezbill:

That is so awesome! Can you make lunch Friday? Cause for a little celebration of sorts!

Because some of us are very acquainted though this forum and as alluded to in https://saintsreport.com/forums/f3/i-have-avoided-posting-long-i-can-355540/#.WAfjV_krL0M I have received some news recently which affects life in a most profound way. I have been hesitant to share this news for a number of reasons, but some of you I know here would like to know. We've known each other a long time (almost 20 years????) through this outlet and sometimes in real life and I am as close with some of you as I would be with any dear friend even if we've never met in person. Some of you who are connected to me in other social media may have figured it out.

It seems I am dragging my feet here, but all of that needed to be said.

On Friday I was diagnosed with Stage IV Metastatic Lung Cancer in my left lung.

Just 3 short weeks ago during my wellness exam we discussed getting my heart checked just because heart disease in my family had finally reared its ugly head. My calcium score was good but they saw a shadow on the CT which they wanted to check into. "Could be nothing.", they said. They schedule a PET scan and I honestly thought it looked like an excessive jump to go from these results to such an expensive test (https://saintsreport.com/forums/f3/grrrr-cost-health-care-359622/#.WAjM__krL0M). A second opinion or two confirmed this was the test needed. The PET lead to a biopsy in one of my ribs (where the metastasis is). The biopsy lead to the diagnosis.

I have a referral to MD Anderson and will be there in a couple of weeks.

Here is the thing: I have no symptoms other than the discomfort left over from the biopsy. No pain. No coughing. I run 3 or 4 days a week and have no problems with my breathing other than sinus junk. I still play my trombone. If we hadn't done the calcium scoring no alarm would have been raised until I became symptomatic and who knows how long that would have taken.

I am also hopeful and know I can beat this. I am more than determined to beat this. There is a lot of life yet to be lived and I am confident I will be here to live it.

I hate to hear this. I know the diagnosis can be frightening, but you do have a positive attitude. I agree with you, I think you will beat this and be on this board for a long time to come. In the mean time, my Prayers are with you and your family.

That is so awesome! Can you make lunch Friday? Cause for a little celebration of sorts!

I should be able to. Somewhere this side of town?

Thinking about it... since it is already Thursday and it would be real short notice for the rest of the bunch, would you be able to do next Friday?

Thinking about it... since it is already Thursday and it would be real short notice for the rest of the bunch, would you be able to do next Friday?

Yeah, that looks good to me.

What town, who is coming, who is buying and where and what time do I show up to crash this free lunch? :p

Yeah, that looks good to me.

What town, who is coming, who is buying and where and what time do I show up to crash this free lunch? :p

Lafayette. Any member is welcome to attend our little lunch gatherings. Drop me a PM (or conversation as they call it on this new platform) and I will put you on the email list for the next one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom