The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is the end game here? Is the President and police supposed to just let rioters burn the cities? What is supposed to be done diplomatically to stop them? What stops it besides police and military action?

How about working with protestors to allow them to demonstrate peacefully instead of showing up in military gear with no dialogue?

How about working with protestors so allow them to demonstrate peacefully instead of showing up in military gear with no dialogue?

Ok fair enough. Is this how it all started? From what i can tell is it went from zero to a hundred real quick. As if people were waiting for a reason to do all of this and let out their anger. So what kind of dialogue and with who?

So what is the end game here? Is the President and police supposed to just let rioters burn the cities? What is supposed to be done diplomatically to stop them? What stops it besides police and military action?

I dunno, but shooting peaceful protestors with rubber bullets and tear gassing them should help. That's how you egg on civil war.

CNN is quite powerful right now. Gen. Honore just called him out as well as the Bishop of the church he just took the photo op in front of. Trump wants to be a dictator, he may be about to get overthrown like one.
Honore was on CNN? I like him. I'll have to find that clip.

Acknowledgement and action toward taking full responsibility and steps toward accountability and systemic reform would be my guess.

The DC protests proved it today. And while I am skeptical until more is done, the Flint protests. When Some DC cops took a knee and a vow to hear and respond to their voices, protestors cheered and started to disperse. When the riot patrol showed back up to agitate and dominate, tensions flared back up.

The police are here to serve the community, not dominate it. They are public servants, not monarchial figures meant to be obeyed as if they enjoy the divine right of kings.

Ok fair enough. Is this how it all started? From what i can tell is it went from zero to a hundred real quick. As if people were waiting for a reason to do all of this and let out their anger. So what kind of dialogue and with who?

The answers are likely different for different communities just as the scale of destruction is different in different places. But people are finding out about the protests and showing up - it can’t be that difficult for law enforcement to reach out to those people. In many communities, I imagine leadership isn’t interested in that.

Bishop
Mariann Edgar Budde
's Response to the President
The President just used a Bible and one of the churches of my diocese as a backdrop for a message antithetical to the teachings of Jesus and everything that our church stands for. To do so, he sanctioned the use of tear gas by police officers in riot gear to clear the church yard.
I am outraged.
The President did not pray when he came to St. John’s; nor did he acknowledge the agony and sacred worth of people of color in our nation who rightfully demand an end to 400 years of systemic racism and white supremacy in our country.
We in the Diocese of Washington follow Jesus in His Way of Love. We aspire to be people of peace and advocates of justice. In no way do we support the President’s incendiary response to a wounded, grieving nation. In faithfulness to our Savior who lived a life of non-violence and sacrificial love, we align ourselves with those seeking justice for the death of George Floyd and countless others through the sacred act of peaceful protest.

Acknowledgement and action toward taking full responsibility and steps toward accountability and systemic reform would be my guess.

The DC protests proved it today. And while I am skeptical until more is done, the Flint protests. When Some DC cops took a knee and a vow to hear and respond to their voices, protestors cheered and started to disperse. When the riot patrol showed back up to agitate and dominate, tensions flared back up.

The police are here to serve the community, not dominate it. They are public servants, not monarchial figures meant to be obeyed as if they enjoy the divine right of kings.

I agree about being public servants but they are also paid to enforce the law. I’m glad to see police in some cities take a knee and have the dialogue. So if every cop in all of these cities being looted took a knee, then you think the destruction would stop?

There is a legitimate security interest in these sabotage operations that are going on - that’s not to be doubted. But they operate under the cover of the protests, so if the protests can be calmed, that cover goes away.

There’s two paths to calm the unrest: through compassionate diplomacy, or through militaristic supression. Trump is obviously going to choose suppression - he’s not capable of compassionate diplomacy.

Fox New is about to have to make a business decision and it sure will get interesting.

This is sarcasm, right?

Even the Murdochs are going to learn that it's a lot of fun.....until it isn't any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom