The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This administration feels like we have a bunch of William Calleys running things. We need more Hugh Thompson Jrs.

I think they already made it.

I mostly like what Tim Scott is saying here.

But, I'm guessing your point was that they basically said, President, what President? He didn't say anything today. Tim Scott told him to lean into compassion, yeah, lean into compassion.

All of this speculation about whether or not Trump leaves willingly is presupposing that he actually loses the election.. i think there are plenty enough nitwits to get him reelected , and easily.

And let's not forget his go-to strategy: accuse your opponents of the very thing you're doing. There may indeed be rampant voter fraud.

Also by Fascists
Yep, the Business Coup and yet no one to jail. The people change, but things still stay the same.
Back on this topic, I see others referencing change. I am just curious what others are thinking of.

I mostly like what Tim Scott is saying here.

But, I'm guessing your point was that they basically said, President, what President? He didn't say anything today. Tim Scott told him to lean into compassion, yeah, lean into compassion.
I see they have him back toeing the party line as opposed to his comments the other day. Trump read someone else's words and didn't even hit the very low bar we have come to expect due to the protest dispersion/church stunt. How can anyone say he "leaned into compassion" today with a simple perusal of HIS words on his Twitter account? Sycophants. All of 'em.

Oh I most definitely may be 1000% wrong.

But what i'm seeing out of most states is a pretty stable Biden lead. Think about it -- Trump has massively failed with the Coronavirus response -- nobody knows what to think or who to look up to. He's threatening protestors with dogs and shooting and unleashing the army to fight in cities. He makes these comments and has to be rushed for cover to his bunker. He's looking like the real Cadet BoneSpurs all grown up. I still may be completely wrong, but I confidently believe America has had it with Donald Trump.

Two things separate this from 1968:

1. Many people held Johnson responsible for the unrest, so Nixon (haha) represented change and "order." Trump already owns the current disorder, so that's not a play for him. He can't say he'll come in and fix the problem because he's already here and he's not fixing the problem.

2. On the other hand, while the right wing already held the old Confederacy (hence, Nixon's Southern Strategy), things largely had to be done somewhat subtly. Now, the cover is completely torn off, and Trump will simply call out his followers for an open race war, which was simply not possible in 1968, for reasons I can't quite explain.

I'm still a few pages back, and I literally do not have enough hours to delete all of the posts getting into politically strategy, talking elections, talking about if the president would relinquish power, all because he has a hard on for the military and looking strong, so he's pushing governors to put these riots down. Yes, his rhetoric on this is very freaking dangerous. That's enough of a topic to chew on. Just like how awful it is to tear gas people away from the typical protest spot in DC, just to walk to a church with a bible, "A Bible, not his bible".

If you want to talk the political (like elections, states, etc), fear of dictatorship, etc.. go to www.madaboutpolitics.com

Just like the COVID-19 thread, when major news events happen, that involve local, state, and federal officials and their actions, we can't remove all of the politics. We look to our leaders to lead us through these hard times, not fan the flames. But please, let's avoid the over the top politicization of this. It's a hell of a line, and I'm honestly struggling with where it is on this, but I know we're crossing it here and there.

I'd like the discussions about presidential transfer of power to go away though. Thanks. Mostly because it crosses a line to me, partially because between Covid-19, murder hornets, these protests/riots/police 'pacification', Hurricane Season, and not getting to see my Senior graduate in person, I really can't handle thoughts about our version of "It Can't Happen Here" (Look it up).

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom