The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
and why everything on social media needs to be scrutinized and questioned more closely).

Looking like no flash grenades or gas.
Just some crowd clearing smoke cannisters.

Politics never sleep in times of tragedy.
Anything to try and get ahead.
Both political parties need to look in the mirror for awhile and focus on the people of this great nation.

Stay safe and take care y'all.

Both political parties need to look in the mirror for awhile and focus on the people of this great nation.

I watched it happen live on the news. You are incorrect.

I saw it live. There's a clear visual difference between smoke canisters and tear gas canisters. There was tear gas. And flashbangs. You can gaslight all you want, it isn't going to work on anyone but yourself.

I guess you can rationalize it anyway you want.

I saw it live. There's a clear visual difference between smoke canisters and tear gas canisters. There was tear gas. And flashbangs. You can gaslight all you want, it isn't going to work on anyone but yourself.
Time to bring this to the Greek Counsel:

Welp, Dallas may get ugly tonight, I just got a phone alert that a curfew is in place starting at 7 pm until 6 am, and a friend of mine sent me this earlier... I'm about 2 miles from downtown, so I hope things should be quiet here...

Resized_S.jpg

Screenshot_20200602-180143_Wireless Emergency Alerts.jpg

Last edited:

One of the things that I'm glad that is being exposed is the behavior, the institutional behavior, of law enforcement. It has been stunning the sheer volume of bad acts being caught on camera which only tells me there are even more occurrences we aren't seeing. Is it beginning to make sense now? Has it begun to sink in? Can you now understand why minority communities live in fear of law enforcement? Why there is no trust for law enforcement?

These are the officers they are dealing with. When NWA was talking about f*** the police, they were talking about these dudes. You don't see this side of these dudes but we do, constantly. These are the menaces patrolling minority neighborhoods. Imagine THAT guy being in control of your traffic stop. Now, imagine that guy and you're black.

Also, shoutout to @N.O.Bronco for this next point because they have been on this since day one and always get pushback on it. In only a handful of these videos am I seeing other officers step in and correct the behavior. The idea of the "good cop." We gotta start shaking that up. Where are they if they are so prevalent? I'm not talking about being held accountable after the fact (as important as that is). These cops, causing mayhem, they aren't alone. If most of these cops are good, why isn't their moral compasses kicking in? If you walked into work, and you saw one coworker kneeling on the neck of another coworker, and the person on the ground was screaming "I can't breathe", what would you do? Come on now.

That is an institutional failure. The reason why these protests have been so demonstrative and continued on this long is because not only did we witness Chauvin methodically kill George, we watched 4 other officers standby and do nothing. That isn’t just Chauvin killing George Floyd that is the entire institution killing him. And when the institution fails a community on that level, whom do they trust? How do they react? And what about when they see it happen over and over again?

Come on yall. It's akin to walking in on your dad raping your baby sister while your grandfather, uncle and brother are just standing there watching, doing nothing. And it happens over and over again. That isn't just a bad act by one person. That is a breakdown of the familial institution. This isn’t a "one bad cop, one bad act" problem. This isn’t fixable by simply better hiring and screening (still important). It's systemic, institutionalized bias, hate and misconduct and we have to get real on the depth of the issue.

While I don't necessarily disagree with you, I think hearing from just about any former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs carries a ton of weight, and these current and former top brass know each other well in many cases. So I'd say his comments are pretty significant.
We can only hope that it resonates with the current administration, and the sooner the better. #Can’tWaitForNovember3rd

Can someone confirm if this has become a white nationalist code phrase or something? I always see it from the same handful of posters trying to be contrarians in these topics.
Come on Xeno. Really my man, I have used it more than likely or variation of it. In a free country (or semi-free), it is imperative we have tolerance of other view points. If not, there will be constant fighting.

Come on Xeno. Really my man, I have used it more than likely or variation of it.

I ask because I see particular users come in, post something inflammatory, end it with that and peace the fork out. Even if I knew you had I wouldn't be accusing you because you're actually engaging in the discussion.

It's funny, if you go to that Twitter user's page (BTW, he's a Trump 2020 campaign mouth piece), he quotes tweets from this chain.. watch the update..

Then later...

1591140369611.png

So.. maybe, just maybe, both are a bit accurate. The Park Police didn't use tear gas, they used other smoke, and everyone is just used to assuming it is tear gas. Maybe another agency used tear gas (SS won't comment). Or maybe that 'source' wasn't correct and was purposefully being misleading... But, the claim that they did it because protesters got aggressive seems to be a bit shakier, since AG Barr ordered the area cleared. So, he'd know about the walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom