The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police don’t really carry those items. A rifle with a long range scope is carried though. In the end, I don’t know the intentions of the officer, but it didn’t alarm me unless the chopper was an unmarked one.

I'm not alarmed and it's not like I think he was going to randomly fire. But I can't help but think this was a fulfillment of a major power fantasy that officer had. It just seems like part of the problem we have with police forces being overly militarized.

I appreciate the info that they don't have binoculars or cameras with a high zoom. But, maybe they should? As someone said the other day, if the only tool you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail.

Last edited:
Straight up sprayed the CNN camera crew in the face with pepper spray on live television.

:oops::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The guy on CNN just went on a rant against 4 chan, he apparently thinks its an extremist website

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The article does a good job of shooting the brick conspiracy down and showing that all the stacks of bricks that been photographed were for construction projects.
I don't really have an opinion either way, but none of the videos and photos I saw of pallets of bricks were covered by that article. That article could also have cherry picked the bricks they could explain while ignoring all of the others.

One things is for sure, a car full of kids made the mistake of giving a brick to a group of black men in front of a black woman that wasn't going to stand for it. Though, that's mostly likely a case of the foolishness of youth than anything else.

:oops::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The guy on CNN just went on a rant against 4 chan, he apparently thinks its an extremist website

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

/pol/ absolutely is, or at least was at one point. Not sure on the current state of it. Much of the extremist right wing nonsense we are dealing with online and in reality incubated there over the past decade or so initially masquerading as shock/cringe "humor" before people legitimately started buying into it.

/pol/ absolutely is, or at least was at one point. Not sure on the current state of it. Much of the extremist right wing nonsense we are dealing with online and in reality incubated there over the past decade or so initially masquerading as shock/cringe "humor" before people legitimately started buying into it.

I still don't know what 4 chan is. Sorta, but not really.. Never looked at it, but from most accounts, not worth looking at.

This is what people are furious about. This is why we must police the police.

The national guard members who killed McAfee have still not been identified or reprimanded.

Disgusting. They should be behind bars.

I still don't know what 4 chan is. Sorta, but not really.. Never looked at it, but from most accounts, not worth looking at.
A very crap UI website with nothing interesting majority of the time. Every blue moon, there is something.

It's an image board (think a very stripped down, barebones forum that is less community and more drive by posts with a focus on anonymity) with tons of other sub boards (over 70, I think) that cover everything from anime and video games to politics.

4chan has subtlety and not so subtlety driven internet culture for a long time. Memes as we know them probably wouldn't exist without 4Chan. Rick rolling started there. Tons of other stuff.

But the politics board, /pol/, has been a haven for racism, misogyny, straight up nazism etc. and actively promoted those ideals for a while. A lot of the extreme right wing ideology that you see with younger people (not so much the old guard) originated there.

Last edited:
This is what people are furious about. This is why we must police the police.

The national guard members who killed McAfee have still not been identified or reprimanded.

Disgusting. They should be behind bars.
Any other information about the incident? The article was light on specifics.

So, tonight, my 19 year old daughter told me BLM is doing a protest at noon here in town. At first, I was like, cool. Then I was a bit worried because Covid is still out there. I saw the ad and it said social distancing would be expected and masks required. So it seems like they're planning the event carefully.

I told her I was concerned about the Covid issue, but the BLM protest is also important. I'd go with her, but gotta work tomorrow. I'm kinda bummed not being able to go. But happy my daughter is taking an interest in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom