The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this response

This is a situation where as my daughter said, you need to read the room. To double down on that simply didn’t need to be done. There are better ways of deflecting and none answering that question. While I understand where he is coming from, for some that flag has symbolized an entirely different message and one to not be overly proud about. Besides, As my dad, a Vietnam vet always said, I may not like disrespecting the flag, but I served my time so you could.

And just think Amy, when you had the chance previously what did you do? Her role as a prosecutor was tough on crime and fully supporting of the police. Her saying this now is the same as Kamala Harris doing it. They both had years in positions of power to make change, yet consistently sided and empowered the police in their states. I have little respect for either of them at this point.

Agreed, she was clearly delinquent in her duty....I sure hope she doesn't get the VP nomination, will be very disappointed...

All four policemen charged per CNN based on court records. The other three were aiding and abetting, with Chauvin being charged with 2nd degree. Time for a press conference, Mr. Ellison

Edit and update: press conference upcoming at the top of the hour (3 Central)

Last edited:
Oh, my, god...

There was another view from the opposite side that is even worse. Thankfully at least 2 of the cops involved were fired.

Oh, my, god...

Yeah, I get it, they drove off, but that still does not mean you have to handle people that way intentionally.

Just abhorrent and revolting. What were they being detained for anyway? All he did was use his phone to record what was happening to that other man. And then perhaps refused to drive away when ordered to.

Police cannot order a civilian to stop filming. He drove away when the officer tried to open the door but it all has to be in context of the alleged offense. The whole concept of proportionality is central to when and how police execute arrests and use force.

A trained, level-headed officer lets that vehicle drive away. This was disgusting and unfortunately illustrative of the problem. One officer yells about the what happened and the others just immediately elevate the situation and use far more force than morally or legally acceptable. This cannot be the situation in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom