The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect apology, seriously.. As someone who was extremely disappointed in Drew yesterday, i think his apology rings true and very sincere.. Drew Brees has earned the benefit of the doubt.. All is forgiven, and Who to the Dat, Drew will always be my quarterback.

I go to bed early last night only to find out this morning that the NOPD had to go screw everything up. I knew it wouldn't last.

Honestly, when I rolled out of bed this morning, I wondered if it was worth it to get up. What new horror was going to assault us today? To top everything off last night, I found out that the staging area for the National Guard for the Philadelphia riots was a mile away, right near where I buy my ground beef. I can't even go out for a freaking cheesesteak without finding myself in the middle of a conflict. Maybe that's a nano-part, at least emotionally, of what it's like for an African American male: walk outside your front door and risk being assaulted by someone who is supposed to be protecting you.

Drew Brees's apology seems pretty sincere, whether he actually wrote it or not. My guess is that he wrote it but consulted someone to polish it. He knows the value of an editor. It gives me hope, something all of us desperately need right now.

The nation is being torn apart by a pandemic, by divisive political rhetoric, by fringe political groups, and by confrontations in general. We can't even turn to Saints football for an escape because it has turned into its own battleground. Let's hope that the apology defuses the ugly situation and brings about team unity and attitudinal change.

Honestly, when I rolled out of bed this morning, I wondered if it was worth it to get up. What new horror was going to assault us today? To top everything off last night, I found out that the staging area for the National Guard for the Philadelphia riots was a mile away, right near where I buy my ground beef. I can't even go out for a freaking cheesesteak without finding myself in the middle of a conflict. Maybe that's a nano-part, at least emotionally, of what it's like for an African American male: walk outside your front door and risk being assaulted by someone who is supposed to be protecting you.

Drew Brees's apology seems pretty sincere, whether he actually wrote it or not. My guess is that he wrote it but consulted someone to polish it. He knows the value of an editor. It gives me hope, something all of us desperately need right now.

The nation is being torn apart by a pandemic, by divisive political rhetoric, by fringe political groups, and by confrontations in general. We can't even turn to Saints football for an escape because it has turned into its own battleground. Let's hope that the apology defuses the ugly situation and brings about team unity and attitudinal change.

Before I read the apology I heard about it from people at work. If their perception, apparently created by booger McFarland and others on espn, are any indication, this will still not go well for Brees. They were unhappy because of too much qualification. He had not expressed the appropriate amount of guilt and repentance.

Before I read the apology I heard about it from people at work. If their perception, apparently created by booger McFarland and others on espn, are any indication, this will still not go well for Brees. They were unhappy because of too much qualification. He had not expressed the appropriate amount of guilt and repentance.
I've only seen Riddick's response on ESPN and he said Drew has to follow up with action but it was a good first step, for sure.

Your coworkers sound like they either have a political agenda, or are a part of the problem themselves- or both.

Drew’s apology was as on target as a 70 yard bomb for a touchdown into the Girod St end zone.. His teammates will rally around him, and we’ll have as good a shot at winning the Super Bowl in 2020 as we’ve had in the last 5 or 10 years.

My father said the Proud Boy's were instigating the protests in Asheville yesterday by using drones to drop fireworks on the protesters. Second hand information.

Your coworkers sound like they either have a political agenda, or are a part of the problem themselves- or both.

Drew’s apology was as on target as a 70 yard bomb for a touchdown into the Girod St end zone.. His teammates will rally around him, and we’ll have as good a shot at winning the Super Bowl in 2020 as we’ve had in the last 5 or 10 years.

A lot of people, particularly in the black community aren't as accepting as you and I can't blame them really. It has absolutely nothing to do with politics. Words hurt and sometimes "I'm sorry" isn't enough. This is one of them.

Government monopolies are bad.
My father said the Proud Boy's were instigating the protests in Asheville yesterday by using drones to drop fireworks on the protesters. Second hand information.

How the heck could he know that unless he is in the proud boys or they were advertising they were doing it?

Seems like they already are rallying around him. See the tweet I posted above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom