The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only seen Riddick's response on ESPN and he said Drew has to follow up with action but it was a good first step, for sure.

To be fair, Drew has been about action for a long time now, so he gets the benefit of the doubt from me. I fully expect he'll follow up with action. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't, but from all I know about him, he'll be true to his words here.

To be fair, Drew has been about action for a long time now, so he gets the benefit of the doubt from me. I fully expect he'll follow up with action. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't, but from all I know about him, he'll be true to his words here.
c082d974f8c361533d1ea849c2cbe408.jpg

What do you guys and gals think will be the end result of the protests?

I am pessimistic that no matter who is in office, we will only get token legislation passed. Even if more meaningful legislation is passed I think the courts and the DA's will warp it and remove the teeth so nothing much changes. (we already have this with how they use qualified immunity and the Constitution in general)

We are more likely to get touchy-feely bills passed with sugar coated names like, "Bill to promote racial unity and harmony" or something like that and it will be filled with a ton of pork spending that ends up enriching the politically connected and the banks without adding much if any accountability to police.

I hope I am wrong.

I am pessimistic that no matter who is in office

I'm pessimistic, too. Maybe I'll run for office. On a 'Fix 2020, Fix America' platform. Police brutality. Healthcare. Equity in education. Infrastructure - rural and urban. Social supports. Institutionalized racism. Housing. Tax reform.

Take this thing into my own damn hands.

I'm pessimistic, too. Maybe I'll run for office. On a 'Fix 2020, Fix America' platform. Police brutality. Healthcare. Equity in education. Infrastructure - rural and urban. Social supports. Institutionalized racism. Housing. Tax reform.

Take this thing into my own damn hands.

I'd vote for that.

"I am sick about the way my comments were perceived yesterday"

Its like he is saying "I said these things but they don't mean the way you think they mean"

but

“I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country.” (obviously he meant by players kneeling)

I don't see how he could think what he said would be taken any other way. At the very least he was incredibly tone deaf

How does one go from being so vehemently opposed to a staunch supporter in one day? How is he going to reconcile his personal feelings about a flag vs being on the side of those who are trying to make a statement during the anthem? To me it is two conflicting viewpoints

"I am sick about the way my comments were perceived yesterday"

Its like he is saying "I said these things but they don't mean the way you think they mean"

but

“I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country.” (obviously he meant by players kneeling)

I don't see how he could think what he said would be taken any other way. At the very least he was incredibly tone deaf

How does one go from being so vehemently opposed to a staunch supporter in one day? How is he going to reconcile his personal feelings about a flag vs being on the side of those who are trying to make a statement during the anthem? To me it is two conflicting viewpoints
I don't think it's crazy to think that Malcolm Jenkins and maybe somebody like Demario Davis helped Drew to see the light. At this point I'm going to give Drew the benefit of the doubt and believe that the backlash pushed him to open up his mind. I get what you're saying on the first part, but overall I thought his post struck the correct tone after completely missing on tone yesterday.

Trump turning the White House (owned by the American people) into his personal fortress.

I don't think it's crazy to think that Malcolm Jenkins and maybe somebody like Demario Davis helped Drew to see the light. At this point I'm going to give Drew the benefit of the doubt and believe that the backlash pushed him to open up his mind. I get what you're saying on the first part oh, but overall I thought his post struck the correct tone.
I don't think for one second that Drew didn't care about the lives. I think he just didn't understand how to present his pov without hurting others. He's come around on that with this statement.

Seems like they already are rallying around him. See the tweet I posted above.

Some are. Not sure if all are or not. Having Davis and Cam Jordan in his corner will certainly help. But, it's not really going to help his image with people who don't know him personally. And it's going to take action from him to keep Davis and Jordan behind him, win back some of the other players, and fix his broader image.

I am pessimistic that no matter who is in office, we will only get token legislation passed. Even if more meaningful legislation is passed I think the courts and the DA's will warp it and remove the teeth so nothing much changes. (we already have this with how they use qualified immunity and the Constitution in general)

We are more likely to get touchy-feely bills passed with sugar coated names like, "Bill to promote racial unity and harmony" or something like that and it will be filled with a ton of pork spending that ends up enriching the politically connected and the banks without adding much if any accountability to police.

I hope I am wrong.

Here's one possible answer. I don't expect many Republicans to support it, but really pleased Rep. Amash is pushing for it.

I want to share that The Free Thought Project has been reporting on, exposing and fighting police corruption for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom