The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And given that, it seems to me that his position should be that while he cannot personally kneel based on his beliefs, he supports the rights of others to do so. And while he does not support their chosen method of protest, he does fully support the cause that they are supporting.

Absolutely agree. It can be framed in a way that expresses his own disagreement with that method, but whole hearted support for the cause. it did not come across that way at all - it came off as quite holier-than-thou

Phil said something today about everything going on that was really good. at the end he said this isnt political, its spiritual. I agree totally. you dont have to be a christian or even believe in God to listen to Jesus's words, love one another, its that simple.

[bleep] you, dude

that's a joke

Why does it feel like every profession that has to do with the law is trained to lie constantly? Lawyers, Politicians, Police ... am I missing someone?

Is it just perception based on the consequences of lies from government, which is a non-voluntary relationship, versus some company you can choose to ignore?
Engineers tell the truth. If they don't, they usually end up fined or in prison.

My guess is that Brees just didn't understand the import of what he was saying with regard to kneeling during the anthem. To him, it meant respect for his grandfathers' service. To many African Americans, the anthem represents oppression, especially the third stanza.

By the way, I had no idea there even was a third stanza because nobody ever sings it. Just another thing I learned from Saintsreport.com. My objections to the anthem were always musical ones plus the fact that it originated as a drinking song.

Warning: digression! I agree with Ray Charles: "America the Beautiful" should take its place. You can't march to "The Star Spangled Banner" or "To Anacreon in Heaven" unless you have three legs (no snickering) or you distort the rhythm as in the march "National Emblem." It's hard to sing, with range of a twelfth. If you don't start kind of in the lower part of your range, you're in trouble. "America the Beautiful" has a range of a tenth, which most can manage. It doesn't have anything militaristic in it like bombs bursting. I don't think it has anything like references to slavery in it. You could march to it, although it would seem odd-- but it's possible.

Anyway, the flag and the anthem mean one thing to one group of people and another thing to another group of people. That concept is what is so hard to grasp, especially for white people I would venture to say.

Ya know, nothing really infuriated me more than this picture. I mean you can try to explain away and say that the camera didn’t show what happened before. Film can be edited to show what it wants to show. But there is absolutely no reason for this. None at all. This was just counter rioting from the police. It simply shows how disconnected some in the police force are from just being decent human beings. Water. Medical supplies. Come on man. The police with this action took someone who while supporting this was holding back as I have my own portion of society to work on. Now, the police did something to finally get me off my rear end.

I heard it was the career goal of every engineer to be able to retire without being blamed for a major disaster.
:)
That's a pretty low bar.

But yeah, like the police, you never want to be the bad example.

Ya know, nothing really infuriated me more than this picture. I mean you can try to explain away and say that the camera didn’t show what happened before. Film can be edited to show what it wants to show. But there is absolutely no reason for this. None at all. This was just counter rioting from the police. It simply shows how disconnected some in the police force are from just being decent human beings. Water. Medical supplies. Come on man. The police with this action took someone who while supporting this was holding back as I have my own portion of society to work on. Now, the police did something to finally get me off my rear end.
The problem is with how they are trained. And I sort of get it, but don't like it. They don't trust anyone. They don't take anything at face value. Oh, you're medics? Sure you are... stabby stabby.

They all become callous bastages over time. Ok, maybe not all, but a LOT do.

Yeah, I think events like this are the rope that police could use to hang themselves during these times.
How blind and deaf are they when there is massive outcry about their abuses that they continue them on cameras.

Unfortunately, the politicians will likely save them and excuse it all away.

Government monopolies are bad.

How the heck could he know that unless he is in the proud boys or they were advertising they were doing it?
I understand and have the same thoughts. Someone dropped fireworks from a drone according to multiple friends of my father at the protest.

That's a pretty low bar.

But yeah, like the police, you never want to be the bad example.

Got it from Dilbert. America's Engineer.

His teammates seem to have his back after the apology.

I wouldn't expect anything less....again, as I said in another post I think many on this forum are totally overreacting and also totally underestimating the willingness and ability of players like DD, Cam, Jenkins, MT, AK and others to forgive and move forward....and DB's ability to acknowledge he was wrong and to become part of the solution moving forward.....I have no doubt this team will be stronger because of this....best team culture in the NFL....Criticize SP all you want but this team believes in each other....

The problem is with how they are trained. And I sort of get it, but don't like it. They don't trust anyone. They don't take anything at face value. Oh, you're medics? Sure you are... stabby stabby.

They all become callous bastages over time. Ok, maybe not all, but a LOT do.

Their training breeds paranoia. They're taught every old lady they pull over is going to try and kill them, and it fosters an absolute "us vs them" mentality against the general public which is counterproductive to their stated mission.

They also lose a lot of empathy and humanity over time, if they ever had it to begin with. I've literally seen/heard cops cracking jokes about a drowning victim as the body was being pulled out of the water. And the response is always "Oh, it's just gallows humor. You've got to have it to get through this job." Maybe. Or maybe you're all just butt crevasses. The EMTs weren't cracking jokes. The fire department wasn't cracking jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom