The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard talk of groups going into residential areas. Is there any truth to this?
These charts really illustrate a big part of the social inequities problem.

One example:

1591289430863.png

I really have to question this chart. Not for anything racial, but there is no way with just a high school education the median income of a household is $100k per year. Let alone $300k with just a bachelors degree. I would really love to see the sourcing for these numbers.

I went there last night. Don't do it. People are very emotional and not really thinking before they post. I suspect there will be many flame outs. Andrus posted something last night indicating that it was already happening.
What is a flame out in your context? I took break and come back to a circus in the Drew Brees thread.

I have heard talk of groups going into residential areas. Is there any truth to this?

I really have to question this chart. Not for anything racial, but there is no way with just a high school education the median income of a household is $100k per year. Let alone $300k with just a bachelors degree. I would really love to see the sourcing for these numbers.

I believe it, when you offset it with Contracters or guys that have picked up a trade, people that get lucky, and people that work in well-paying jobs with experience that racks up overtime, as well as a lot of sales jobs.

Thanks for the info. In that context, I guess there wasn't much NOPD could do.

But, it is kind of ironic that NOPD tear gassed people to protect them. At the same time, it's probably true as we all know JPSO would not have allowed anything like this without violence. It also sounds like they don't want to tell us that JPSO told them that if people crossed the Parish line, they would respond with force.
They charged the line. At that point, probably game on for them to hold the line. And without shields, they had to gas more than likely. Guess they should have brought the shields then to not use the gas.

Household wealth, not income.

Apparently, I'm not doing my Master's degree justice. I don't see any $600,000 jobs available to me. Or $150,000 jobs. 😪

That chart is a measure of net worth, not income, just fyi. I did the same thing at first when I looked at it. I have more debt than assets, so I'm actually negative, meh.

It says wealth not income. I take it to be a difference from my experience as a financial regulator.

That chart is a measure of net worth, not income, just fyi. I did the same thing at first when I looked at it. I have more debt than assets, so I'm actually negative, meh.
You should see our country’s unfunded liability total combined with funded ones.

I believe you're only joking here, but I think it is important to remind that white privilege does not always equate to being something you can "take advantage of."

What it generally means is just that whatever issues you have in your life, including pay-scale, cannot be attributed to being hindered by your race. You don't have to worry about that specific thing - your race does not hinder you.

True, I'm negative net worth cuz I'm a dummy. :hihi:

They charged the line. At that point, probably game on for them to hold the line. And without shields, they had to gas more than likely. Guess they should have brought the shields then to not use the gas.

They did have shields on the line but some protesters had still broken through the line. Anyway, they probably had to use the gas once it became clear that the crowd was going to agressively break the line.

NOPD never should have let them on the CCC to begin with and the organizers shouldn't have put it on the route. 2000 hyped-up people on an elevated roadway with one way in or out and no place to escape to if things go wrong except back through the crowd or falling to your death.

It's very fortunate that there were no serious injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom