The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a flame out in your context? I took break and come back to a circus in the Drew Brees thread.

I mean that apparently Andrus, or Dan or some of the mods, sent some people PMs saying hey, please cool it down and they basically responded with fork you I can say what I want and proceeded to post what they wanted. Usually those posts are deleted and you never see them.

I'm not trying to be a kiss arse, but Andrus has long been incredibly tolerant of all kinds of views on this site, but not when he puts out a hand of peace and someone bites it, it tends to wind up in a ban.

And to be clear, it's not about the content of the various posts, it's the tone used and the personal attacks that are often the reason for the PM in the first place.

I have heard talk of groups going into residential areas. Is there any truth to this?

I really have to question this chart. Not for anything racial, but there is no way with just a high school education the median income of a household is $100k per year. Let alone $300k with just a bachelors degree. I would really love to see the sourcing for these numbers.

The chart is wealth not income.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know a guy who is now a Federal agent that joined Gretna PD to get post certified (with the plan that he would move on quickly) and he described their training as basically the same kind of training he got in ROTC. They were trained to be soldiers, not policemen or peace keepers.

My brother in law was a sheriff deputy in Colorado. He said it takes about 2 weeks into training to realize his goal was to be someone that "used to be in law enforcement".
Now he works for a company in their security department and says its so much better.

I mean that apparently Andrus, or Dan or some of the mods, sent some people PMs saying hey, please cool it down and they basically responded with fork you I can say what I want and proceeded to post what they wanted. Usually those posts are deleted and you never see them.

I'm not trying to be a kiss arse, but Andrus has long been incredibly tolerant of all kinds of views on this site, but not when he puts out a hand of peace and someone bites it, it tends to wind up in a ban.

And to be clear, it's not about the content of the various posts, it's the tone used and the personal attacks that are often the reason for the PM in the first place.
I hear ya. People loose their cool it happens. but when it is brought up to you. Telling the owner of the site to F off is not conducive to a healthy dialogue. Whoever said that to them, are straight clowns.

Qualified immunity is hard to analyze, as an issue associated with miscarriage of justice, without understanding what it actually is and why it applies in US law.

The chart is wealth not income.
A Libertarian, my man! I posted this earlier as well. Thank you for brining it up again. Now we just need some additional parties in Congress.

Thought you guys would like this pic, some sweet threads these kids have.

This entire thread of videos of police abuses (up to over 250 by now) is really something but this video of a woman getting beaten with batons after she tried to get away from the cop grabbing her breast is...I have no words.

Meatheads, power-tripped cowards, far right wing paramilitary cadets, pricks - what I see here are all the descriptions I have been using in this thread, and the world is finally learning what many people already knew. We have a police problem. They're not 98% good guys the way we have been brainwashed to believe.

But hey, "there's just a few bad apples."

Meatheads, power-tripped cowards, far right wing paramilitary cadets, pricks - what I see here are all the descriptions I have been using in this thread, and the world is finally learning what many people already knew. We have a police problem. They're not 98% good guys the way we have been brainwashed to believe.

But hey, "there's just a few bad apples."

Which is why I mention that while we do have a racism problem in our government, even if that goes away completely, we would still have a police abuse problem.

Idiots everywhere.....I mean good grief.
Good for the governor and other Republicans for rebuking her. Part of how we got where we are is people turning a blind eye to these ridiculous conspiracy theories when it's "their team." Like this forking nitwit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom