The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what got us into this mess
You mean elected? That is the crooked political party system we have here that got him there. And more or less a sheepish population that is too busy with social media and reality shows.

He just needs to tie in the Deep State, George Soros and Hillary Clinton and he can tweet for the cycle.
As much as it is to poke fun at him for that, the deep state is real my friend (IMHO). Operation Northwoods, Gulf of Tonkin, Operation PBSuccess, Iraq Wars, list goes on. Snowden gave us an in-depth core into this.

As much as it is to poke fun at him for that, the deep state is real my friend (IMHO). Operation Northwoods, Gulf of Tonkin, Operation PBSuccess, Iraq Wars, list goes on. Snowden gave us an in-depth core into this.

There is nefarious intelligence activity for sure, historically well documented, but the war Trump is having isn’t with it, it’s simply with the rule of law and those looking to hold him accountable to it.

He isn’t draining the swamp, he’s removing the few pumps and hoses left that try to drain out some of the filth his administration is helping pour into it in rapid volume.

No doubt Antifa is out there participating in turning peaceful protests into violent riots, destroying lives and communities in the process.

Those pathetic losers have been allowed to get away with their crap for far too long.

You can defend them if you like, but they are hijacking this situation. They need to get jobs and find meaning in their lives. In the meantime, they can take a bath and add some protein to their diets.

No, they aren't and you have no proof to justify what you're saying.

No doubt Antifa is out there participating in turning peaceful protests into violent riots, destroying lives and communities in the process.

Those pathetic losers have been allowed to get away with their crap for far too long.

You can defend them if you like, but they are hijacking this situation. They need to get jobs and find meaning in their lives. In the meantime, they can take a bath and add some protein to their diets.
Y’all hear sum?

Sure he does....haven't you heard? The PRESIDENT said it so it must be true!

All black is a common and recommended uniform for protests. The idea is for everyone to look the same. Not to excuse anyone because there are definitely bad actors taking advantage of the situation.

That said, I'm of the opinion that it's past time for strictly peaceful protests. 60 years of mostly peaceful protest hasn't effected much change in this country but it has allowed the illusion of a post-racism US to grow.

Interesting...because in most of the footage I am seeing, that is not what most of the legitimate protesters, or even the legitimate rioters, are wearing.

@Krodwhodat gets props for being willing to take his lumps. I've also seen him take ownership of mistakes and admit when he was wrong. There are many posters who can learn from his style. I don't always agree with him, but it's never turned ugly and he's able to disagree without being disagreeable. If the Fates smile on us, I'd like to sit down with him over a cold one or two :beerchug:
Thank you for the kind words. And I’ll buy the first round.

ANTIFA is about as organized as Anonymous...or Vegans(although Vegans might actually have more organizational structures lol).

In that, yeah, sure, you have some diffuse groups of like-minded people that identitify similarly withIn this broader Identify coming together and organizing activity, but anything beyond that and you are head first into tinfoil hat territory.

Especially when there is zero evidence released so far of some broad top-down organized plot...though there has been intercepts of actual organized right-wing groups advocating and showing up to agitate:

Funny the Proud Boy fan club isn’t really concerned with that.

Is that why leadership and law enforcement in Minneapolis are identifying white supremacist and right-wing extremist groups as instigators of violence in the area? Or are they in on the plot? Or maybe you're just morally bankrupt and looking for a reason to delegitimize what's happening.

Interesting...because in most of the footage I am seeing, that is not what most of the legitimate protesters, or even the legitimate rioters, are wearing.

Take a look at protesters in Hong Kong, Lebanon and other places demonstrating against authoritarianism. What we're seeing here isn't nearly as well organized as what they do.

No doubt our government has engaged in some shady sheet, but I think there's a difference between shadowed interests promoting clandestine operations and how Trump defines the "Deep State" (i.e. claiming that anyone trying to maintain any checks and balances or oversight is evidence that everyone's out to get him)

Interesting dichotomy here:

Wonder if we will see the administration stand up against the president and claim, like they did in that first video, that we can’t label left-wing acts of violence “domestic terrorism” because the interpretation of the statute won’t allow it and it would create a nightmare civil liberty issue they don’t want to agitate.

Instead of addressing the nation as a whole, the President plays straight to his base and is now blaming Antifa and the left for all of this. Unbelievable deflection. Yes...thats the real issue here. It's not even Antifa, it's black bloc anarchist agitators and the police that are escalating to the point of no return. God, things are not going to get fixed.

The guy who has been accused of being a fascist wants to declare an anti-fascist organization as a terrorist organization? Who would have thought?

What's the rolling death count of people at the hands of ANTIFA and at the hands of white supremacy?

It seems the latter has more structural, historical definition than the former. So if we're going to argue that ANTIFA is organized enough to be designated, so should the Proud Boys and 3 Percenters and so on.

And if we're going by terror - violence and death - white supremacy has a solid head start.

There should be another round of terroristic designations, then, right?

The guy who has been accused of being a fascist wants to declare an anti-fascist organization as a terrorist organization? Who would have thought?

a lot of his followers are supporting overtly, undeniably fascist measures today

but words... what do they even mean anymore?

And people want to argue that poststructuralists don't have a point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom