The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I don't know much about someone, I give them the benefit of doubt they are sincere.

If the people that spent a whole day with him trust him, then I'm not going to doubt them.
It might make for good optics for the crowds that really cherish civility politics, but neuroscience would tell you that is a big mistake.

Most people aren’t evil, but they aren’t going out of their way to risk their self interest to pursue sincerity. In fact it’s incredibly rare.

And in that sense, show me the results, not the promises or flowery language attempting to signal sincerity.

I honestly wish I had the answer to that but for now I just have to use my best judgement and try to rely on my morals and personal beliefs to make the right decisions. Same as we should all strive to do everyday.

When someone tells me a story I ask myself “Why am I being told this by this person?” It has helped me weed out some of the bullshirters in the world. I have been fooled by some professional bullshirters.

Old church in DC is on fire. Several other structures on fire.

Yes, it's a beautiful church. It was nerve racking b/c I initially just saw that it was St. John's Episcopal church, which is the church I go to, but this is the one near the White House, and I go to the one in Georgetown. But our rector was an associate rector at the one burning right now before we called her to our church. Super sad. I'll probably go down tomorrow to help clean up.

Who appoints the head of the FCC? Should it be a public election as well?

I agree with you but it is just as corruptible.

I don't really see how additional government control over the press really helps things. I mean, the government regulating the content of the news is a really bad idea on it's face. Even if we ignore the First Amendment.

I don't really see how additional government control over the press really helps things. I mean, the government regulating the content of the news is a really bad idea on it's face. Even if we ignore the First Amendment.
Maybe we need the fairness doctrine back?

Maybe we need the fairness doctrine back?

I could get behind that. That is as long as it's recognized that despite what the two major parties want you to think, there aren't just two sides.

But, I mean, in the end, it's our fault that we have gotten to this. The news puts out what the public will buy and we, as a nation, just weren't interested enough in accurate fact based news for newspapers and TV networks to make money. So, they turned to sensationalism and away from hard news.

I strongly believe that the press is part of the checks and balances to keep on a government, to make them accountable for their actions I will miss keys they’re Lack of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom