The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope this isn't surprising to anyone.

The most startling thing for me is that people with a median household income of $848k have convinced so many people in the $115,200 tier that the folks in the $11,300 tier are the problem with our society.

Looking at this graphic, it gives you some great perspective on who is looting who. Sure, some of us are living more comfortably than others, and some may or may not need government assistance, but most of us are all still peasants.

This is small potatoes, compared to all of the violence & fires......but I am still dumbfounded by all of the morons that thought they could help themselves to the upscale stores in Santa Monica, CA. They had cars drop them off & wait for them, while they filled their garbage bags & totes full of the latest shoes/clothes etc.
There are cameras everywhere, so they are willing to go to jail, for a bag full of the latest tee shirts?????!!!!!

Just crazy........

Yeah. I remember one scene on TV, someone rolled up, license plate clear as day, for someone to hop in with their stolen goods. Stupidity at its best.

Both main political parties have a hand in that along with the bankers that run the Fed. On top of it, hard to compete with cheap foreign labor. When you also have the reserve currency of the world, here we are.

When the bottom lines get closer together further down, these protests/riots will be chump change. I just wished people stopped voting in the same 2 parties, people should go read about what happened to the Perot debate and League of Women that held the debates from then and prior to.

It sickens me that this is being spun, once again, for political gain. They've created this ANTIFA boogeyman based on hearsay evidence heard on Facebook and Fox News. If they had true evidence, we would know it by now.

It isn't all ANTIFA. It is a mixture of White Supremecist groups, far right wing groups looking to divide and conquer, along with maybe some ANTIFA, as well as a fair share of genuine knuckleheads.

Don't be fooled. This ANTIFA boogeyman is being created just so they can have a democratic opponent to point to and say "See, this is our enemy we are fighting and must stop through this next election." This is merely about retaining the massively growing "Republican turned fence-sitter" vote.

It sickens me that this is being spun, once again, for political gain. They've created this ANTIFA boogeyman based on hearsay evidence heard on Facebook and Fox News. If they had true evidence, we would know it by now.

It isn't all ANTIFA. It is a mixture of White Supremecist groups, far right wing groups looking to divide and conquer, along with maybe some ANTIFA, as well as a fair share of genuine knuckleheads.

Don't be fooled. This ANTIFA boogeyman is being created just so they can have a democratic opponent to point to and say "See, this is our enemy we are fighting and must stop through this next election." This is merely about retaining the massively growing "Republican turned fence-sitter" vote.

Yeah, the whole Antifa bit is obviously a political talking point and basically election year fodder. I'm sure there are some Antifa agitators out there, but they're hardly the only ones. It's likely they're not even half of the ones causing the mayhem.

The best way I can sum it up is society. It's society as a whole and parts of it all. There are plenty of protestors with good intentions. There are plenty of hate groups, gangs, bored teens and cops creating the problems.

The biggest problem is the politicians that refuse to speak out and even more so, the ones that are using this to fuel racial divide.

The ANTIFA rhetoric is purely for PR. The fact that they are the only ones singled out - it's clear. And the reception on social media is a clear indication of the purpose of the rhetoric.

But what bothers me is that the President tweets a quote from a FOX pundit that says people who were arrested should be in jail, and stay there even after.

There are a lot of peaceful protestors behind bars right now, and we're talking about the leader of our country saying they should stay there. Even when this is done.

And he's been hammering First Amendment protections for a while now.

If he was truly anti fascism, these statements wouldn't exist.

But it's not a matter of principle - it's a matter of PR and perception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom