The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of these riots have been started by either undercover cops or white people who wanted a excuse to riot.
And under the cover of their masks, they let black rioters get blamed.

Last edited:
A perfect illustration of how it really is about training and culture. There are police forces around the country that have the right training and culture to be able to avoid 99.9% of these problems. Bad policing is not a fact of life - reform can happen if people are committed to it . . . and it doesn't mean that the criminals run amok.
A friend of mine who's a retired LEO, and now teaches at the local community college criminal justice academy says the first step towards effective policing is for officers to "get the hell out of their cars and walk a beat". Paul did just that in his time on the force. He got to know the citizens whom he swore to protect, and they in turn learned to trust and respect him. Paul is a white guy who patrolled a rough section of the city. Yes, reform can happen.

And under the cover of their masks, they let black rioter get blamed.

So these guys who are destroying property, looting, killing, and God knows what else are not to blame for their own actions but these unidentified people that you have no evidence of are to blame for everyone's actions

Ok

So these guys who are destroying property, looting, killing, and God knows what else are not to blame for their own actions but these unidentified people that you have no evidence of are to blame for everyone's actions

Ok
Nope, they're further inciting and exacerbating the rioting and letting black rioters take the blame. Just dumping gas on the flames.

Nope, they're further inciting and exacerbating the rioting and letting black rioters take the blame. Just dumping gas on the flames.

Well I am glad to know we can't blame the guys who have beaten, murdered, and pillaged because anonymous people that we have no evidence of are egging them on

Well I am glad to know we can't blame the guys who have beaten, murdered, and pillaged because anonymous people that we have no evidence of are egging them on
Earlier in this thread there was an off-duty cop smashing windows. Yeah, whitey is jumping in with both feet.

Really hard to prove intent. I’m all for the highest possible charge that can win.
IMHO George Floyd was begging, the cop didn't listen and even taunted him. Bystanders were saying "he can't breathe" Cop still didn't listen so cop should get murder in the first degree.

Leaderless protests are dangerous.

Memphis has a very organized protest last night and I’m not aware of any significant violence that happened last night in Memphis.

When no one is in charge, a handful of bad actors can cause things to spiral out if control.
Much like a few bad apples within a police department.

IMHO George Floyd was begging, the cop didn't listen and even taunted him. Bystanders were saying "he can't breathe" Cop still didn't listen so cop should get murder in the first degree.

The intent to kill gets you to second degree, which is what I think he should be charged with. As I understand it, intent alone is not enough for first degree murder in MN.

A friend of mine who's a retired LEO, and now teaches at the local community college criminal justice academy says the first step towards effective policing is for officers to "get the hell out of their cars and walk a beat". Paul did just that in his time on the force. He got to know the citizens whom he swore to protect, and they in turn learned to trust and respect him. Paul is a white guy who patrolled a rough section of the city. Yes, reform can happen.
The problem with this is, in a lot of mostly black neighborhoods, the truly well intended blacks are afraid to show respect to the GOOD police, because the BAD blacks of the neighborhood, will cause harm to their families. It is a gang thing and is a problem much like the days of when the Italian mafia controlled their neighborhoods.

And the reality is, from a number of police officers I know, the good police do not want to risk their lives, due to their own bad within their department and the easy targets they would become.

Bottom line. MOST police today, are taught to react to situations in black neighborhoods, instead of being visible and proactive. What good police officer, would want to risk his/her life in a proactive way? Would you? It is a shame, but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom