The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is the Police . Period . All the grading on a curve and whistling past the graveyard in the world doesn't make it any better , just look at our history . Honestly .
Everything isn't black and white . You can support the theory of the police without condoning the practice of the police . Acknowledging widespread , rampant , systemic failings that are obvious at any cursory examination doesn't erode from support for the ideal nor the FEW good men attempting to carry that banner .

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical."--Thomas Jefferson

When a broken and corrupt system will not change itself from within, then change must be imposed on it from the outside. George Floyd may be the straw that broke the camel's back. When an entire demographic is held down and kept down by the figurative and literal knee to the throat, rebellion is inevitable. Black people are sick of living in fear and repression, and I don't blame them one bit for their outrage.

I am saddened by the fact that many innocent people will suffer from these riots, but innocence is the first casualty of war.

You're absolutely accurate here.

Not to over-dramatize this thing, but we literally could be in the midst of witnessing the early stages of a major historical revolution. People of all races are absolutely fed up. These images on TV of white people, black people, Hispanic people, Middle Eastern people, and Asian people destroying things and fighting back, while I know it is not right, I know that it has reached a boiling point and it is an indication of a time for change.

These people are not out there doing these things just to be jackasses; they're fighting against something that has plagued our nation literally since the day people landed on Plymouth rock and began plotting.

Between this and the people capturing and crowdsourcing the cops identity that was jump starting the riots in Minneapolis at the Autozone, the photos of cops and right wingers blending into the protests to agitate, there is SOME good coming out of the social media era.

less than a decade ago these sorts of things would be relegated to conspiracy, and dismissed as fantasy just as quickly, and tbh, I would have likely been one of them. Thinking it more a case of people wanting to rationalize away negativity then a legitimate and diffuse plot that’s motives aren’t obviously clear, but it seems pretty forking clear from the evidence now in several states that this sort of accelerationism as a means to gaslight, manipulate the narrative, discredit them, and seemingly justify more aggressive tactics is very real and is not just a one off thing.

And tbh, if we had any sort of big budget functioning investigate media left in America, this would be something screaming for a deep investigation into this modern cointelpro operation.

Last edited:
Between this and the people capturing and crowdsourcing the cops identity that was jump starting the riots in Minneapolis at the Autozone, the photos of cops and right wingers blending into the protests to agitate, there is SOME good coming out of the social media era.

less than a decade ago these sorts of things would be relegated to conspiracy, and dismissed as fantasy just as quickly, and tbh, I would have been one of them. Thinking it more a case of people wanting to rationalize away negativity then a legitimate and diffuse plot that’s motives aren’t obviously clear, but it seems pretty forking clear from the evidence now in several states that this sort of accelerationism as a means to gaslight, manipulate the narrative, and seemingly justify more aggressive tactics is very real.

With the reddit video, you can't assume they're cops. They could be private security, contracted out, with some other agenda.

The protests at this point are only setting the stage for sociopaths and arsonists (unconnected to the cause or community) to do their thing. You can see some community leaders emerging, trying to keep the crowds focused, but they can't control this other element. Don't wear all black if you want to be taken seriously, I guess.

I was totally on board with the expressions of anger I was seeing up through last night, but I feel like today we've absolutely crossed into "people doing sheet just because they can" territory with some of what has been going on. But trying to separate genuine lashing out from opportunistic chaos is also pointless at this point, so it doesn't really matter. Things are taking whatever course they're going to take.

Hard to judge here. The guy may have done something and had it coming for him. It is telling that he's being beat up by black people.

He very well could have been out there groping women trying to be slick or pick-pocketing folks. Who knows.

It’s best you stay out the way and just report the story and keep your personal opinions out Fox News. Nobody wants to hear it.

Warning video has language.

A lot of these riots have been started by either undercover cops or white people who wanted a excuse to riot.

While I won't pin every single riot on it, it is well-documented at this stage that there are a ton of intentional agitators out there. It has been acknowledged by government officials, it is being reported on by the media, and we have clear video evidence of it occurring.

Anyone down-voting SaintsThinker's post at this stage just has not been paying close enough attention over the past 24 to 48 hours.

With the reddit video, you can't assume they're cops. They could be private security, contracted out, with some other agenda.

The protests at this point are only setting the stage for sociopaths and arsonists (unconnected to the cause or community) to do their thing. You can see some community leaders emerging, trying to keep the crowds focused, but they can't control this other element. Don't wear all black if you want to be taken seriously, I guess.
Private security for what exactly? Contracted by who?

That stretches the imagination a lot more than a local cointelpro or undercover operation given the amount of evidence of this LEO behavior being pretty widespread.

It’s best you stay out the way and just report the story and keep your personal opinions out Fox News. Nobody wants to hear it.

Warning video has language.

I'm no fan of Fox News, but they have as much right to be there and report on it as they see fit.

That said, I saw them last night and was thinking they'd best get out of that crowd of people. I was surprised it wasn't worse tbh.

I'm mad, too, but protesting isn't my thing. So what's my outlet? I want to string this cop up myself but I can't do that. All they charged him with is 3rd degree murder. That's not enough. Whatever this guy could have coming to him he deserves. But he's already got a high profile mouthpiece. He's going to try to get off.
Honestly, if the public went by what we think a criminal deserves, everyone would get life in prison or the death penalty.

I'm no fan of Fox News, but they have as much right to be there and report on it as they see fit.

That said, I saw them last night and was thinking they'd best get out of that crowd of people. I was surprised it wasn't worse tbh.
FOX News has been fanning the flames for a while. They’ve hired questionable people after incidents like this.
I’m not defending, but not surprised.

That's the problem with sociopaths. Without checks and balances (mental health funding? True public service, not to the lowest bidder?) our institutions have become fertile grounds for those seeking to destroy.

When you blame ALL cops or ALL right-wingers, you are not only wrong, but helping those who seek chaos.

Career LEOs didn't de-fund mental health or push through legislation or create the private prison industry. They're worker bees like the rest of us. "Systematic" starts with the people in power, the people calling the shots. The fine print in the legislation, crafted by the people calling the shots. ALL of that depends on weakening the checks and balances that would prevent the power and money from concentrating at the top, and prevent sociopaths from making it through screenings into those trusted positions. It's a win-win for them, and the rest of us pay the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom