The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t it true that the first night (a few nights ago) the demonstrations were peaceful - mostly sitting, holding signs, etc. and they still got tear gassed and ordered to disperse? And it wasn’t until after that the the looting and destruction started?

I’m not sure of the full timeline.

Minnesota is in trouble. Cops cannot contain this, and it is all races rioting and destroying businesses. Scanner radio said TJmax is on fire. Verizon and Footlocker heavily damaged. Not sure if Target is still in play. At this point, sadly, I wonder how much this has to do about the murder by the cops, or just people out rioting and "having fun"? UPS building just now in trouble.
Nooooo! Not TJ Maxx! LOL.

It's probably a combination of being fed up with the police getting away with abuse of citizens time and time again and a lot of pent-up frustration from being on lockdown for the past 2-3 months.

Isn’t it true that the first night (a few nights ago) the demonstrations were peaceful - mostly sitting, holding signs, etc. and they still got tear gassed and ordered to disperse? And it wasn’t until after that the the looting and destruction started?

That is not what I read, and listened to on the police scanner. Yes, many were peaceful, just protesting, and they only got the teargas when it became agressive.. listen to the police scanner radio app like I am.

It's probably a combination of being fed up with the police getting away with abuse of citizens time and time again and a lot of pent-up frustration from being on lockdown for the past 2-3 months.
Yeah. The lockdown has to be contributing, but they are burning up the places where they will no longer be able to shop. I'm so glad I'm out in the country and have no business in the city. I wonder which city it will be tomorrow. Its brutal..let's just burn all the cities down.

I ran across this and think it might be worth considering. I'm not sure it's 100% accurate, but it does seem to have some validity.

7d9c92e8b33f9a5b42b4302af69289be5bee78b8.jpg

Pretty much. You can replace stuff. You can't replace a life. In the long view, the stuff stolen is just a temporary loss.

i didn't even realize it was still around.

For some people in extreme situations or circumstances, that isn't always necessarily the case especially if the items stolen, looted, burned down or were lost via extreme weather events (tornadoes, hurricanes, etc), are family heirlooms, or historical items or objects that have been passed down generationally for decades or centuries that are highly sentimental.

There worth is far more precious, emotional and would be devastatingly felt by family or friends for a long time after it's been lost or destroyed.

So, no, it's not just "forking" stuff that even from a long distance perspective can be easily replaced or forgotten about by former owners like it's some bag of groceries, Reebok or Nike tennis shoes, or having your Ford F-150 pickup being vandalized, stolen, or wrecked.

I don't think Dave was saying it's okay, or he'd be fine with it, fly. But if it comes down to your money or possessions, like your house, car, jewelry, or surviving to live another day, most sensible, rational people will chose living.

Minnesota is in trouble. Cops cannot contain this, and it is all races rioting and destroying businesses. Scanner radio said TJmax is on fire. Verizon and Footlocker heavily damaged. Not sure if Target is still in play. At this point, sadly, I wonder how much this has to do about the murder by the cops, or just people out rioting and "having fun"? UPS building just now in trouble.

Mr. Floyd's family has come out and denounced the violence and asked that people act peacefully. I doubt that those acting in his name will honor that request.

And to the OP, as terrible as the murder of Mr. Floyd was, harming people who had nothing at all to do with the murder does not make sense.

If that is correct, it was a truly idiotic way to handle peaceful protests.

If that is correct, it was a truly idiotic way to handle peaceful protests.
I've listened to the police scanner app, since the beginning....nobody else listens to it???? They only did the tear gas or whatever when crowds were hitting them with rocks....making molatav cocktails in the liquor store. Geez people, you can all listen to this live on the police scanner app. Today's riot in Minnesota has been even more kind to "protestors" who are burning down their own businesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom