The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loose, that's exactly what they were doing back during all those race riots in American riots back in mid-late 60s and during the Rodney King L.A. riots in 1992, and just how do know, how does anyone right now, know that local businesses, small mom-and-poo businesses aren't being targeted for looting or pillaging? Doestyschy once said that mobs are the untruths and don't think, so how are they somehow different here?

They're looting huge big box retail stores, not your grand mammy's photo album.
Nah, listening to the scanner its a bit of each. Couple different small store owners are defending their stores and have fired shots. Another looter stole a car outside after setting the furniture barn on fire and t-boned a car at the intersection. Lady that was hit is pregnant with significant head injury. Police and paramedics were being surrounded by looters trying to save the pregnant woman and they had to send in multiple strike teams to support them and still having problems. This is all in the last hour. So yeah, its not all rainbows and unicorns in the name of unity and equality.

I think its ridiculous that it takes looting of a major metro to get justice of a murder on video in plain sight.

Really, only huge companies are being effected? Just earlier I heard a furniture company was on fire. Also small business putting signs up "black owned" to try to avoid the destruction.

I had only heard TJ and Target - but I'm not really following too closely. I'm just sort of popping in and out while we watch some boring show my wife likes.

Look, end of the day, there will be some collateral damage I'm sure. I sort of steered away from the real point, which is the one I made a few posts ago.

What else can they do? If they peacefully protest, they either get ignored or get tear gassed by the police or they get called thugs and get blackballed from the NFL. If they try to use legal avenues and do things the right way, they get stonewalled by a system that has two sets of laws and rules; one for them and one for the affluent and white.

If some guy keeps chasing me around hitting me in the head with a baseball bat trying to kill me, and everywhere I turn people just shrug and say "try not to let him hit you I guess", and I eventually put a few bullets in him and one of them also happens to take out my neighbor's car windshield, do I care? Hell no, I don't care. They can get a new windshield. I'm just trying to survive.

It's literal life and death. None of us understand it truly and never will because that kind of thing doesn't happen to white people. First Time Poster talked about this, how it's literal survival in his mind. It's easy to say "they shouldn't be rioting" when we as a race aren't being murdered without consequence and we don't have to live our lives in fear of being murdered just for existing.

Last edited:
No, because you made a disingenuous argument. The looters are looting huge multi-billion dollar conglomerates. There is no real loss of either sentimental or actual value. Target will be fine. They have insurance, and they'll be able to order plenty more Chip and Joanna themed wall art. Looting a target is essentially a victimless crime. The only victims are insurance companies, and they can get forked.

Can you tell us where the line is drawn? When is it not okay for the mob to threaten, burn and steal?

I had only heard TJ and Target - but I'm not really following too closely. I'm just sort of popping in and out while we watch some boring show my wife likes.

Look, end of the day, there will be some collateral damage I'm sure. I sort of steered away from the real point, which is the one I made a few posts ago.

What else can they do? If they peacefully protest, they either get ignored or get tear gassed by the police or they get called thugs and get blackballed from the NFL. If they try to use legal avenues and do things the right way, they get stonewalled by a system that has two sets of laws and rules; one for them and one for the affluent and white.

If some guy keeps chasing me around hitting me in the head with a baseball bat trying to kill me, and everywhere I turn people just shrug and say "try not to let him hit you I guess", and I eventually put a bullet in him and the bullet takes out my neighbor's car windshield, do I care? Hell no, I don't care. They can get a new windshield.
No, I get it. Some of it is about race. Some of it is about free sheet. Some of it is an excuse to be violent. All of it was preventable.

No, I get it. Some of it is about race. Some of it is about free sheet. Some of it is an excuse to be violent. All of it was preventable.

I mean of course some of it is about free stuff. As it would be with any race in the same situation. If whites lived in fear of being murdered by the people sworn to protect us, I'd probably get me some new golf clubs whilst burning down the store. I'd burn Wal Mart down though, not Target.

• 1Like
Reactions: dtc
I mean of course some of it is about free stuff. As it would be with any race in the same situation. If whites lived in fear of being murdered by the people sworn to protect us, I'd probably get me some new golf clubs whilst burning down the store. I'd burn Wal Mart down though, not Target.
Where do you think I got this guitar that you're hearing today?

Can you tell us where the line is drawn? When is it not okay for the mob to threaten, burn and steal?

When they can stop living in fear of being murdered. Let's start there.

Though I'm not really in position to answer that. I also didn't say that it's "okay" for them to do what they're doing. I'm simply saying I can empathize and I understand why they're doing it on some level (not an emotional level, that's something they uniquely know).

Nah, listening to the scanner its a bit of each. Couple different small store owners are defending their stores and have fired shots. Another looter stole a car outside after setting the furniture barn on fire and t-boned a car at the intersection. Lady that was hit is pregnant with significant head injury. Police and paramedics were being surrounded by looters trying to save the pregnant woman and they had to send in multiple strike teams to support them and still having problems. This is all in the last hour. So yeah, its not all rainbows and unicorns in the name of unity and equality.

I think its ridiculous that it takes looting of a major metro to get justice of a murder on video in plain sight.

It didn't need this crap to happen to get justice. What happened to Floyd is being investigated. I have no doubt the cops involved would be prosecuted, but that doesn't happen immediately and shouldn't. Yes they should be suspended and prosecuted, bt they have the right to a defense just like anyone else. I have no doubt they would be convicted based on what I have seen and if not then the citizens can PEACEFULLY protest. Destroying the property and injuring others that had NO part in what happened is just wrong and I have ZERO issue if those responsible for that are also arrested and jailed.

Are you seeing mom and pop shops burned down? Locally owned type stuff? Because yeah, I totally would agree with you if they were burning people's houses or local restaurants or whatever. All I've read is Target and TJ Maxx. Like I said to 2884, that's basically a victimless crime. Those companies are going to be juts fine.

Eh. If I were rioting, I'd probably grab a TV while I was there. Might as well.
I did see a pic of a small mainstreet store that said "BLACK OWNED" I can find that if you'd like. I'm not sure how that store fared. Still, with destroying the big stores, you are destroying so many people's jobs. Honestly I dont think these looters are even thinking about the victim of the bad cops. Do you?

I did see a pic of a small mainstreet store that said "BLACK OWNED" I can find that if you'd like. I'm not sure how that store fared. Still, with destroying the big stores, you are destroying so many people's jobs. Honestly I dont think these looters are even thinking about the victim of the bad cops. Do you?

How long do you think those stores will be out of business?

I bet you they'll be open by Monday.

I don't know if they're thinking about the victim. I'm not in their head nor have I ever been in a situation where I live in perpetual fear of a society that constantly feels the need to murder me and remind my people that they are only allowed to reach a "little bit" of equality. So it's hard for me, as it is for anyone who isn't black, to try to assign motives to their actions; though that doesn't seem to stop us from trying.

It didn't need this crap to happen to get justice. What happened to Floyd is being investigated. I have no doubt the cops involved would be prosecuted, but that doesn't happen immediately and shouldn't. Yes they should be suspended and prosecuted, bt they have the right to a defense just like anyone else. I have no doubt they would be convicted based on what I have seen and if not then the citizens can PEACEFULLY protest. Destroying the property and injuring others that had NO part in what happened is just wrong and I have ZERO issue if those responsible for that are also arrested and jailed.
So you think if a black dude killed a white guy on video with blatent disregard they would be investigating him while he is on the streets? You put that cop in jail and charge him until the investigation is done and then drop the charges if they feel he acted appropriately like they would for everyone else. Sorry, when you have a handful of people standing around you telling you that you're killing the guy while his last words are "I can't breathe" and you continue to pin him down with your knee on the most vulnerable part of the human body with 4 other cops standing around you that could have cuffed and taken care of the situation you kind of don't get the benefit of the doubt.

There are people who were interested in this topic when the murder first happened. I give flygirl that and I know @Saintman2884 means well.

But there are definitely people who only became interested in this whole thing when the black people started getting too uppity for their liking. And they don't take kindly to that round hea'. Not sure naming names is appropriate or productive, but we know and they know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom