The Robertson interception was a thing of beauty (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
I cannot remember the last time a Saints LB jumped a route and caught the pass in stride for a big return.

If someone could gif it, that would be awesome.

It is the impact play that we have been desperately in need of. It is arguably the first one we have had all year long.

I dropped my loincloth :covri:

:hihi:

It was a beautiful play and my son and I were acting like we won the SB.

I really thought we were about to give up a huge play over the middle by the way we were lined up. I guess that was the point.

Both Robertson and Stupar are good coverage linebackers which was an issue the last few seasons we have built a competitive front seven coming into the season and we are seeing the results.

I wonder when the last time was that we had back-to-back weeks with INT's by linebackers?!

Dome Patrol 2.0!

(j/k)

What's funny is about 2 plays before that Stupar just missed one, and I believe it grazed his fingertips. Defense did their homework this week.

I really thought we were about to give up a huge play over the middle by the way we were lined up. I guess that was the point.

That happened on that long TE td... I am wondering if KV was responsible or if it was Robertson.

Robertson was late and could not catch up, while KV took the responsibility to double cover someone who was going over the middle. Byrd was unable to tackle the TE along the sideline.

The linebacker play has been much better then last year. A lot of guys got fired after last year. I hope these guys stick around.

That wasn't a slow pass either that thing was like a fastball which makes it even better.

Both Robertson and Stupar are good coverage linebackers which was an issue the last few seasons we have built a competitive front seven coming into the season and we are seeing the results.

Both of those pickups have far exceeded expectations. Have to give the front office props on that, they missed on some big acquisitions but they did a good job with the sensible role player contracts for linebackers this year.

I cannot remember the last time a Saints LB jumped a route and caught the pass in stride for a big return.

Jonathan-Vilma-2-488x630.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom