N/S The Rock Buys The XFL For $15 Million (1 Viewer)

Really wish the NFL would become more affiliated with these Spring football endeavors. Make them essentially a minor league/developmental thing.

And make them be regional, as in teams are comprised of developmental players from one division (all players from the NFC South, for example). I'd follow a team that was partly made up of some Saints players.

I think ideas like that would probably draw more interest. Otherwise, if it's the same old B-league football with no ties to the NFL, I really don't care.

He got a bargain. Now let’s get that NOLA team rolling.

A new, more unique name for an expansion team (in any sport, Football, MLB, NHL - I know those last 2 having a slim to none chance) that I've heard and like is The Revellers. I like Voodoo, Jesters, and some of the other names that have bounced around forums the last couple decades (AFL, NBA when we went from Hornets to Pelicans, Zephyrs to Babycakes), but I think Revellers would be a good unique one that'd work in any of the major leagues.

Really wish the NFL would become more affiliated with these Spring football endeavors. Make them essentially a minor league/developmental thing.

And make them be regional, as in teams are comprised of developmental players from one division (all players from the NFC South, for example). I'd follow a team that was partly made up of some Saints players.

I think ideas like that would probably draw more interest. Otherwise, if it's the same old B-league football with no ties to the NFL, I really don't care.

Or link 2 NFL teams per developmental team say one AFC and one NFC team and like you said keep it regional. Saints-Titans with a team in Memphis or Birmingham or Mobile. That gives you a 16 team league.

Totally agree. Would personally love to see a situation where practice squad players at the end of a season can go participate in the XFL if they want to. Now I know the practice squad ends at the end of the regular season and rosters expand to 90 and most get signed to reserve/futures contracts, yada yada - but if there was a way to manage the roster like baseball (25 man active, 40 man total rosters). Would love to see reserve/practice squad type guys play - if they want. Then perhaps give the team that has that player rostered the right of first contract offer through some sort of arbitration system, perhaps.

Gives fans players to watched related to their team, gives reserves the ability to show out, gives teams the ability to see their players that do not see as much playing time develop, and then gives teams a fair chance to retain those players (if they do break out).

Only if they want to lose money. An affiliated league would never make people interested. It has to be it's own thing first and foremost and make people interested in the rivalries and make the championship worth something. This is the reason people watch sports in the first place, It is to watch true competition, even if the talent level is not that great. Being a farm league should comes as a consequence not a goal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom