The rules have NOT changed here due to current issues. Control your emotions! (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I need to ask you all to work with me here. Many are upset about recent issues and there are members with passionate opposing views. I get it!

While I understand that these are issues that need to be discussed, I cannot allow politics and social issues to destroy the 23-years of hard work put into building this community, and will not allow the discourse to get out of hand. So keep it civil! I am instructing the mods to enforce the rules implicitly.

I am also getting some "I don't care if I get banned" type feedback. Well, perhaps not tonight you don't. Perhaps not even next week. Eventually you might. We've seen it probably a 100 times or more... Someone gets banned after a meltdown, or having gone on a rules violation rampage out of anger and then spends the next several years trying to alias their way back in, which is really difficult these days. So don't post in a manner that you may regret later. Knee jerk reactions are rarely productive, and there is usually more to the story than what initially hits the media, so in the meantime, perhaps we should all sit back, take a deep breath, think about how our posts will be interpreted, and take a calm, civil approach to posting regarding these issues.

BB&G...
-Andrus

Last edited:
It’s going to be really tough when we have Saints players WHO ARE BREAKING FORUM RULES.

But yeah...I’m done for now. Just going to take a break. Life’s too short and too much other nonsense in my life to deal with. Just need a breather and I cannot see ANY Saints forum as the place to accomplish that any time soon. Gosh darn...why can’t we just have have one non-dysfunctional offseason. Just one?

Thank god. I can't stand any of this. These are obviously things that people feel passionate about, and I'm not one for stifling any speech. But I am getting tired of the virtue signaling on internet forums.

I would personally very much prefer it if the political threads could go in a separate section all together. It seems to me that what Brees said or what Von Bell thinks about what Brees said is only tangentially related to football.

Thanks Andrus... I think we all know that there a group of people here now looking only to combat with and ridicule those with differing opinions or points of view (with overwhelming force if needed) , while the majority of us are looking to have meaningful discussions and learn from one another....

I personally hope they all disqualify themselves for the sake of saving what an awesome place this has been for the near 20 years I have been here (sorry but I do)...

Again, Thanks for putting up with us, and providing this awesome community.

Last edited:
I would like to be a fly on the wall of one of the players when the Saints do their virtual team meeting. Look Brees don't need to be cut. Cooler heads need to prevail. This is still out team. The players will have to get it together and have an open dialogue about this. Not shy away from it. Respect each other's ideas. My biggest take from the Brees comments/ video is that he should spoke for himself and not what other people choose to do. If he chooses to stand for the flag and habe his reason, that's fine. If he has an issue with people kneeling, ask then why they feel the need to do that and see their point of view. Your thoughts and how you feel are not always right. Communication, communication , key thing.

I need to ask you all to work with me here. Many are upset about recent issues and there are members with passionate opposing views. I get it!

While I understand that these are issues that need to be discussed, I cannot allow politics and social issues to destroy the 23-years of hard work put into building this community, and will not allow the discourse to get out of hand. So keep it civil! I am instructing the mods to enforce the rules implicitly.

I am also getting some "I don't care if I get banned" type feedback. Well, perhaps not tonight you don't. Perhaps not even next week. Eventually you might. We've seen it probably a 100 times or more... Someone gets banned after a meltdown, or having gone on a rules violation rampage out of anger and then spends the next several years trying to alias their way back in, which is really difficult these days. So don't post in a manner that you may regret later. Knee jerk reactions are rarely productive, and there is usually more to the story than what initially hits the media, so in the meantime, perhaps we should all sit back, take a deep breath, think about how our posts will be interpreted, and take a calm, civil approach to posting regarding these issues.

BB&G...
-Andrus

Too late. :-(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom