The rules have NOT changed here due to current issues. Control your emotions! (1 Viewer)

I had some posts deleted and got one infraction for jokes. I don't agree with it, but if that is what was deemed necessary by the mods at the time, I appreciate it. This isn't about any one person's views flooding out everyone else's. In my case, a joke may have incensed some members who were in a current vulnerable state. I think we appreciate everyone's perspective here and embrace diversity and understanding.

You've always ran a tight ship Andrus, which is an insanely hard thing to accomplish on something like a public forum.
Always a great place to visit.

The only issue I have had recently was having my posts deleted from a thread where I had an opinion that differed from the OP's. My post weren't politically motivated or geared that way, but had a notification that I was threadjacking?

No harm no foul, I'll move on to another topic, but I found this a bit overboard. I've never had a following rules problem here.

Now some of the other stuff brought up in this thread....man I must have missed something Saturday/Sunday! :ROFLMAO:

You've always ran a tight ship Andrus, which is an insanely hard thing to accomplish on something like a public forum.
Always a great place to visit.

The only issue I have had recently was having my posts deleted from a thread where I had an opinion that differed from the OP's. My post weren't politically motivated or geared that way, but had a notification that I was threadjacking?

No harm no foul, I'll move on to another topic, but I found this a bit overboard. I've never had a following rules problem here.

Now some of the other stuff brought up in this thread....man I must have missed something Saturday/Sunday! :ROFLMAO:
I think it became more of an issue where they erred on the side of caution. Some people were getting really out of control of themselves. Better to preemptively remove some post that could possibly be misconstrued? I don't know but I think many of the mods are first to admit they don't always get it perfect. Who would? Maybe @zeetes but that would be it.

If you're like me and think one of your posts was unfairly deleted, just look at the bigger picture and see how that's a positive thing. The end result. It's already cooled down here a bit while maintaining mostly civil discussions.

I think it became more of an issue where they erred on the side of caution. Some people were getting really out of control of themselves. Better to preemptively remove some post that could possibly be misconstrued? I don't know but I think many of the mods are first to admit they don't always get it perfect. Who would? Maybe @zeetes but that would be it.

If you're like me and think one of your posts was unfairly deleted, just look at the bigger picture and see how that's a positive thing. The end result. It's already cooled down here a bit while maintaining mostly civil discussions.

I can dig it, no problem. Just caught me off guard when I got the notification.
I know it's been crazy around these parts and pretty much everywhere for a while now.

i am perfect

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom