Saints The Saints’ Need Almost Nobody is Talking About... (1 Viewer)

Remember we have both Butler and LJH to be the 3rd TE. While not HOF bound, they each have a year in the system.

This is an extremely weak TE class. I don't see a starter anywhere in this draft. I wouldn't even bother wasting one of our 5 picks on someone that's going to end up as a temporary camp body.

This is my take as well. It's a really poor TE class. If you go that route, it has to be a later round development guy who has upside. I don't think that there are any Jimmy Graham's in this class. The closest thing to it might actually be a flex-TE like Chase Claypool who may find a way to be there in the 3rd round because of the insane depth of this WR class.

It is very weak Tight End class no way around that.

With that said In Day 3 there are still some decent floor, In-Line blocking, Up back Move pieces you can come out with like Josiah Deguara from Cinci a high effort blocker, with the versatility to move from Tight End to Upback; or Dalton Keene from Virginia Tech guy with a great skillset but was awfully mis-utilized by his Coaching staff in College. Devin Asiasi from UCLA is a decent TE3 option balanced did a little of everything, but nothing extraordinary.

Round 4/5 is probably the earliest you think of going Tight End; it's more of a future need and at that point you are waiting until a better TE Draft class and just take a depth guy/ developmental guy in Day 3, or UDFA.

Took a late swing last year. Everything I've read about this draft class says TE is one of the weakest groups. Maybe a late cut addition if someone surprisingly gets released closer to the season?
I mean TE is usually the smallest and weakest crop in a draft outside of kickers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom