The Saints and Pelicans are in Purgatory until (1 Viewer)

REBELMAX

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Time runs its course with Tom Benson

Both franchises are just floundering The Pelicans are so far away it's not even worth discussing

BUT this era of Saints football is the time that all of us long time fans will look back on with "what if "

We have a Hall of Fame first ballot QB with every piece around him in 2011 , just one season off of a World Championship and we let this slip away. We had what could have been a dynasty and took it completely apart.

No major changes with Sean Payton or his coaching staff will happen until after Benson is gone. Right now we are a lame duck franchise. Our Head Coach runs this entire franchise from coaching staff to draft to all phases of personnel This is the Sean Payton show.

I know Greg Williams is a controversial subject on this board but look at our record with him and without him. It's Dominance vs Mediocrity. I for one have a lot more respect for what he had to endure after seeing the Ryan,Allen,Spags ridiculousness. I believe it when Ryan says he had very little control.

This is what we have until ownership transitions and then it's anyone guess

The Saints are in purgatory. I see hope with team, especially for 2017. The Pelicans are in a much worse place.

The pelicans will be much better when Jrue, reke, and qpon get back... The Pels are one great SF to replace reke and the subtraction of Ajinça from being excellent moving forward. Either way we are getting 2 of our starters back in the next few games and we are nowhere all star break. When we click it will be an obvious turn around that will be cemented by January.

NBA is meh for me, I much rather NCAA March Madness. I don't follow the Pelicans. Just saying how it is. Any kind of football is first in my books.

NBA is meh for me, I much rather NCAA March Madness. I don't follow the Pelicans. Just saying how it is. Any kind of football is first in my books.

Awesome input, I opened this thread and asked myself "I wonder what sport OutlawSaint prefers"

Tom Benson has done all he can do for both franchises pretty much. Although the Pelicans can use a better tv and radio deal to attract more fans. There is nothing like a live NBA game in front of a packed house.

However both teams just have been wrecked by injury problems. Both should be better next year if their main guys can break this injury curse. That ain't Benson's fault.

Benson is getting abused by the likes of Loomis, Lauscha, Demps and Payton. Those guys have Benson so brainwashed, that the 4 of them could convince Benson they should be given ownership of the team. Is it really no wonder possibly that Rita could see through these four, as to their manipulative ways? Afterall, she was around the 4 of them on a daily basis and they hated her presence. I just wonder.

The pelicans will be much better when Jrue, reke, and qpon get back... The Pels are one great SF to replace reke and the subtraction of Ajinça from being excellent moving forward. Either way we are getting 2 of our starters back in the next few games and we are nowhere all star break. When we click it will be an obvious turn around that will be cemented by January.

Ajinca is deff not a problem on this team! Maybe you meant Asik?? Ajinca is better than asik in every facet of the game! Just needs minutes switched! The starting line up should be jrue,buddy,Jones,AD,Ajinca..possibly switch Jones out with hill or Cunningham. That's a winning lineup until reke and q pon get back

Hornets were at least middle of the road most of the time til Benson took over....

They seem to get more and more embarrassing now as time goes on..

At this point i wouldnt blame Davis for forcing a trade at all. I would applaud him even

What's the point of even caring in the NBA? You know it's going to be one of four possible teams winning it anyway and we've known that since before the season started.

I don't understand how that league even stays relevant when you've got 85% of your fan bases knowing they have no chance before the first game is played.

The Pelicans are in hell... and I'm not sure they can make a deal to get out.

What's the point of even caring in the NBA? You know it's going to be one of four possible teams winning it anyway and we've known that since before the season started.

I don't understand how that league even stays relevant when you've got 85% of your fan bases knowing they have no chance before the first game is played.

Because enjoying sports isn't all about winning championships? I've never understood the ever-growing 'championship or bust' mentality in this culture and I still don't. Watching world class athletes compete is entertaining - and even more entertaining when your team wins, yes, but sports becomes a lot more enjoyable when you let go of the idea that it only matters if your team is the best/one of the best.

Ajinca is deff not a problem on this team! Maybe you meant Asik?? Ajinca is better than asik in every facet of the game! Just needs minutes switched! The starting line up should be jrue,buddy,Jones,AD,Ajinca..possibly switch Jones out with hill or Cunningham. That's a winning lineup until reke and q pon get back

You're way off. The center position is weak with *either* of them, BUT - Asik rebounds and defends, and Davis consistently plays better with a solid rebounder/defender next to him.

The beginning of our season was injuries. Our defense is starting to get healthy and it's beginning to look pretty decent. They have these players from the start and the entire season is different.

Same with the Pels. With Jrue back, we are a .500 team. Maybe better. With Tyreke back we are a 6th to 8th seed team.

So unless Benson is somehow causing injuries......no.

No. This thread is absurd.

And yeah. Ajinca and Asik are almost complete opposites. Asik's defending is light years above AA's.

I have trouble watching the NBA due to the officiating, though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom