Speculation The Saints are a lock for the Super Bowl (opinion) (1 Viewer)

I posted this elsewhere, but I may as well put it here. ;)

I'm moving to the Phoenix area in about a month.

I realized something the other day talking to my brother in law who lives out there. The Cardinals are hosing the SB this season. We play the Cardinals in Phoenix this season.

The last time I moved to a new city/state, and our team played the SB hosting team was when I moved to South Florida, we had the amazing come from behind win against the Dophins, and then later won the Super Bowl. Now, granted, that was the season AFTER I moved, but the point still stands. It was the first opportunity.

Put some money on the Saints winning it all.

This is a surer bet than me going to the bathroom in 2009 and the saints score a TD (happened multiple times, running joke at my local Saints bar).
This my friend I like to see

Jameis winston would have to do something he has only done once in the nfl and thats play a good full season
Other teams have gone on to win super bowls with their backups surely we can as well

Earl Morrall with the undefeated 1972 Miami Dolphins went 11-0 when Bob Griese got injured.
Nick Foles with the Eagles backed up Wentz in 2018.
Tom Brady with the Patriots while backing up Bledsoe in 2001.
Yep. And you can also add Jeff Hostetler with the Giants in SB XXV (1990 season) and Kurt Warner with the 99 Rams, taking over in the preseason when Trent Green went down with a knee injury.

Earl Morrall with the undefeated 1972 Miami Dolphins went 11-0 when Bob Griese got injured.
I was waiting for someone to say brady or warner. Hard to discredit hall of fame qbs and one who arguably the greatest.

Wentz never gained his production bac. He was outplayed by foles.

Dont know of morrall.

What do you expect, he’s 37 years old he doesn’t know any better

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom