The Saints are guaranteed to face either the Falcons or Bears in the divisional round (1 Viewer)

rlmarine

I hate refs
Reaction score
Should the Falcons win the division and the Saints win their wildcard matchup of course. As bad as the Eagles looked tonight, they are still the last team I want to play, on the road especially.

Obviously we proved last night we can go to Atlanta and get a win, and I love the possibility of some payback in Soldier Field against a very beatable Bears team. Looking further down the line, if the Packers get the 6 seed, that team can win 2 games on the road @ Philly and @ Atlanta and we'd host them in the NFC championship game.

Bottom line is that all NFC teams are very beatable this year, and if there is a year to have to go on the road in the playoffs, this is the year. I like the way things are falling together.

We beat the Falcons, the Eagles don't scare me anymore, GB could be scary, but I think we can take them. The Saints are much better than Chicago and can beat them, even in Chicago.

Should the Falcons win the division and the Saints win their wildcard matchup of course. As bad as the Eagles looked tonight, they are still the last team I want to play, on the road especially.

Obviously we proved last night we can go to Atlanta and get a win, and I love the possibility of some payback in Soldier Field against a very beatable Bears team. Looking further down the line, if the Packers get the 6 seed, that team can win 2 games on the road @ Philly and @ Atlanta and we'd host them in the NFC championship game.

Bottom line is that all NFC teams are very beatable this year, and if there is a year to have to go on the road in the playoffs, this is the year. I like the way things are falling together.

We would match up well with the Eagles, we are a small fast team and so are the Eagles.

Where we don't match up well is with larger teams on a slow track (i.e. the Ravens or Bears). Not saying we can't win, but I would rather play the Eagles 3 times in the playoffs than play the Bears on a cold wet field.

Obviously the Eagles couldn't play on a slow wet field either.

I really don't want to play Atlanta again.

Divisional games are always close. That being said, I don't want to play Atlanta, Tampa or Carolina in the playoffs. I want a 14+ lead on the opposing team to ensure I don't have to change my draws 7 times a game.

I really don't want to play Atlanta again.

Divisional games are always close. That being said, I don't want to play Atlanta, Tampa or Carolina in the playoffs. I want a 14+ lead on the opposing team to ensure I don't have to change my draws 7 times a game.

Atlanta is the best team in the NFC (outside of the Saints) but I'd rather face ATL in the Georgia Dome then Chicago in Chicago or Philly in Philly.

Not a good year to go on the road with Chicago and Philly gumming up the works. We can't avoid both of them either. We're going to have to go to one or the other, no matter how you slice it.

The only guarantees in life are death, taxes, and an "irrational" hatred of all things Falcons.

why count out the panthers ? any given sunday cmon mann have some faith...anything can happen..

who thought the 13-1 saints lose to the bucs last year?

who thought last years MNF jay cutler has the game of his career throws the gw td in ot the bears beat the vikings and give us homefield advantage?

who thought the BENGALS beat down the chargers and knock them out the playoffs and GUARANTEE the PANTHERS the first pick in the draft?

its guaranteed were in the playoffs that is all.... ya never know we could end up facing the seahawks in the divisional round in the dome

Either St. Louis or Seattle will have home field plus they'll hear all week they're not deserving of being in the playoffs. Therefore, the team facing the Saints will be primed and ready.

Saints should win, but there are no guarantees ... did anyone think Vikings over Eagles Tuesday night? Win in first round sets up a grudge match at Chicago. We owe the Bears, big-time.

Atlanta is the best team in the NFC (outside of the Saints) but I'd rather face ATL in the Georgia Dome then Chicago in Chicago or Philly in Philly.

Not a good year to go on the road with Chicago and Philly gumming up the works. We can't avoid both of them either. We're going to have to go to one or the other, no matter how you slice it.

Chicago doesn't scare me. With a healthy Ivory and Pierre, we can have plenty of a run game to move the football whether or not the elements warrant it. Their secondary can be exploited as Mark Sanchez and Tom Brady just showed, and their offense is woefully inconsistent.

I'd rather play Chicago then Atl with it all on the line than the other way around. Obviously will hope for Chicago then getting the opportunity to host the NFCCG via the 6 seed winning.

I wouldn't mind going up to Chicago and beating them in their house. We have some unfinished business with them

Chicago doesn't scare me. With a healthy Ivory and Pierre, we can have plenty of a run game to move the football whether or not the elements warrant it. Their secondary can be exploited as Mark Sanchez and Tom Brady just showed, and their offense is woefully inconsistent.

I'd rather play Chicago then Atl with it all on the line than the other way around. Obviously will hope for Chicago then getting the opportunity to host the NFCCG via the 6 seed winning.

Saints record under Coach Sean Payton in games when temperature at kickoff is 40 degrees or lower.

DATE -- OPPONENT -- TEMP -- RESULT
12/5/2010 -- at Cincinnati -- 32 -- W, 34-30

1/3/2010 -- at Carolina -- 30 -- L, 23-10

12/6/2009 -- at Washington -- 36 -- W, 33-30

12/11/2008 -- at Chicago -- 28 -- L, 27-24

12/30/2007 -- at Chicago -- 30 -- L, 33-25

1/21/2007 -- at Chicago** -- 28 -- L 39-14

11/12/2006 -- at Pittsburgh -- 39 -- L, 38-31

Again, I'm not saying we can't win and I think we are a much better team than Chicago, but if we are lucky enough to avoid a cold weather game, it would be a good thing.

Now Philly is a different story. They are built similar to the Saints. You could see tonight that they struggle in cold wet conditions also.

Saints record under Coach Sean Payton in games when temperature at kickoff is 40 degrees or lower.

Again, I'm not saying we can't win and I think we are a much better team than Chicago, but if we are lucky enough to avoid a cold weather game, it would be a good thing.

Now Philly is a different story. They are built similar to the Saints. You could see tonight that they struggle in cold wet conditions also.

We have improved tremendously on Defense since 2008. Since then we are 2 and 1 in cold weather games. With that loss to carolina being with our second string.

The Ravens game was warmer than 40 degrees?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom