The Saints are just one game out of first place in the NFC South! (1 Viewer)

This is the ticket whether your team is playing well or looking bad -- make it all about the numbers.
Squelch any anger or frustration and take it week by week .
Can the Saints still win the division, or make the playoffs period?
This always gives you something to hope for each week and helps keep the furniture and knickknacks in one piece.
Then you add in the principle of hope, as in -- we can turn it around as the season progresses when we get healthy and everyone learns the system
-- the playoffs are a new season
and the old standbys ...
-- anything can happen
-- it ain't over til it's over

So you diminish the personal angst you have towards whoever you are blaming for the team's struggles and keep it in the fun zone.
The only thing that makes me angry right now is that Tom Brady will play his final season with absolutely no worries about taking the division and making the postseason as one of the top 4 seeds.
That's so unfair. :sad:

Still not out of it, but we’d need Payton to come back to work to make it.

With the product we have on the field this thread only has traction because it's week 3, if we keep playing the way we are playing this thread will not age well
It's not intended to age well. It's an attempt at humor in an effort to avoid a total meltdown. I absolutely realize that we suck and will soon be the hopeless cellar dwellers in the league without the draft picks to bail us out next April.

The only thing that makes me angry right now is that Tom Brady will play his final season with absolutely no worries about taking the division and making the postseason as one of the top 4 seeds.
I feel your pain

I wouldn’t compare anything to 05. That was an entire separate set of circumstances.
Although I’d trade another 05 type of season for another fifteen years of what came after.
I should have included, "minus a devastating natural disaster".

If it means anything, the entire division is rebuilding in ‘23.

Big difference is we lost to a horrible team. Tampa almost came back against a good Green Bay team. I think this week is as close to first place that the Saints will get for rest of the year.
Facts. Would be shocked if we finish better than 3rd.

We went from being the best road team in the NFL over the last 4 years to losing to the worst team in the NFL and never really being in the game.

Facts. Would be shocked if we finish better than 3rd.

We went from being the best road team in the NFL over the last 4 years to losing to the worst team in the NFL and never really being in the game.
Look at our record against the Panthers over the last decade and it’s no shock what happened today. They have owned us. No idea why. This result didn’t surprise me at all, sadly.

This is the ticket whether your team is playing well or looking bad -- make it all about the numbers.
Squelch any anger or frustration and take it week by week .
Can the Saints still win the division, or make the playoffs period?
This always gives you something to hope for each week until the Saints are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, and helps keep the household furniture and knickknacks in one piece.
Then you add in the principle of hope, as in
-- we can turn it around as the season progresses when we get healthy and everyone learns the system
-- the playoffs are a new season
and the old standbys ...
-- anything can happen
-- it ain't over til it's over

So you diminish the personal angst you have towards whomever you are blaming for the team's struggles and keep it in the fun zone.
Knew you got it, isn't this how we have survived for decades? ...until 2006 anyway... maybe a little here and there since 2006... but not like this since before 2006...

I have to go now, the rum is still taunting me...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom