The Saints are not close (1 Viewer)

Kamara Time in NO

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
There were a few games this season, I thought the Saints were a few players away from being really good. That assessment was wrong. This team is not close. They need multiple starters on both sides of the ball, particularly on the offensive and defensive lines. Add in the defensive secondary and linebackers and that doesn't even begin to address the need to build depth. If the Saints get it right on the vast majority of their pick ups in free agency and the draft (not likely given their history) we are looking at a minimum of two off seasons to get back in contention. Brees might be done before this team is ready to compete again.

2017 should be the team ready to get into the playoffs with the cap space and possibly a higher draft pick there should be no excuses next year.......

Yeah. To me this one is more painful than last week. I though we slept on Detroit now I realize we aren't good. Damn

Hopefully we add some better assistant coaches and draft better.

2017 should be the team ready to get into the playoffs with the cap space and possibly a higher draft pick there should be no excuses next year.......

There is no way. Other teams are getting better too. The Saints have been passed up by two teams in the division and the Panthers might easily end up with a better record this year too. We might be the worse team in the division going into the season next year. Time to get realistic.

never expect the defense to look good but when the offense plays like crap too, its painful

how the hell do the patriots do it year after year? I admit I'm jealous. Except for one season in the past 15 years they've won 10+ games

The offense is just embarrassing at this point, can't score in entire halves of football versus the likes of TB and Detroit. This is pathetic

lol the defense has one less pt than the offense. This is a S Payton team right? Best play caller in game? Just checking ...

how the hell do the patriots do it year after year? I admit I'm jealous. Except for one season in the past 15 years they've won 10+ games

Belichick is the best in the business, and willing to bend whatever rule stands in the way of what he wants to do. He can still diagram plays that his father called back at Navy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom