The Saints can handle a Brady-Gronk Reunion (1 Viewer)

I sincerely don't wish injuries to any player, but with all of the Brady/Gronk hoopla, it would be hilarious if Brady got a minor injury to his throwing hand and couldn't play all season. Gronk would be catching passes from Blaine Gabbert all season, even though he stated he would never play with another QB than Brady. Brady decides to retire after the season and Gronk joins him. Bucs fans get all excited over nothing. :hihi:

3xnsnk.jpg

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to it. Coach always game plans well when he's challenged like that. I predict a sweep this year and it's nice to go into a season feeling like we'll sweep the bucs because for so long now we seem to overlook them and let those games be dog fights.

5 years ago I would have been worried about Gronk and Brady reuniting in Tampa. Not now.
Agreed.

In the end, I believe the Bucs will prove to have been more dangerous (offensively) with Winston/No Gronk vs Brady/Gronk.

Brady will likely reduce turnovers and take some pressure off the defense, but he doesn't have the arm that Winston does. Jameis threw for over 5000 yards last year. Can Brady do that at this point?

If I'm the Patriots, I'm thanking Gronk for coming out of retirement. They trade the rights to a retired player who will try a comeback in the twilight of his career (at best) and convert their 7th round pick into a 4th for doing so. What a deal.

I don't doubt that Gronk will make some plays, but they will come at the expense of Evans and Godwin, who are more dangerous playmakers.

Agreed.

In the end, I believe the Bucs will prove to have been more dangerous (offensively) with Winston/No Gronk vs Brady/Gronk.

Brady will likely reduce turnovers and take some pressure off the defense, but he doesn't have the arm that Winston does. Jameis threw for over 5000 yards last year. Can Brady do that at this point?

If I'm the Patriots, I'm thanking Gronk for coming out of retirement. They trade the rights to a retired player who will try a comeback in the twilight of his career (at best) and convert their 7th round pick into a 4th for doing so. What a deal.

I don't doubt that Gronk will make some plays, but they will come at the expense of Evans and Godwin, who are more dangerous playmakers.

You think that an offense with a motivated Brady replacing Winston (30 INTs) and adding Gronk (albeit not the same player) wont be as dangerous?

Brady threw for 4,057 yards 24 TD's and 8 INT's with Julian Edelman, Phillip Dorsett, and Jakobi Meyers as his top 3 WR's. None of those guys are even remotely close to the weapons he has now.

Neither of those 3 are even close to being true #1 receiver. Now Brady gets two top 10 WR's and his favorite security blanket? And a top 15 pick?

Sure Brady might not have the arm strength Winston does but we are all lying to ourselves if we think that offense wont be as dangerous as last year.

These matchups are going to be awesome. What a great season we are in for. Bucs x2 Falcons x2 Chiefs 49ers. Man oh man can we skip to September please?

You think that an offense with a motivated Brady replacing Winston (30 INTs) and adding Gronk (albeit not the same player) wont be as dangerous?

Brady threw for 4,057 yards 24 TD's and 8 INT's with Julian Edelman, Phillip Dorsett, and Jakobi Meyers as his top 3 WR's. None of those guys are even remotely close to the weapons he has now.

Neither of those 3 are even close to being true #1 receiver. Now Brady gets two top 10 WR's and his favorite security blanket? And a top 15 pick?

Sure Brady might not have the arm strength Winston does but we are all lying to ourselves if we think that offense wont be as dangerous as last year.

One thing that I read was many QB's in Bruce Arians offense have thrown a boatload of INT's the 1st few years. We'll see this season if that holds true.

I think we can and will handle it. The only thing I worry about is the league wanting the bucs to succeed because of Brady and Gronk. My gut says they want to see a Brady vs Belichick super bowl.

This is a real concern. I'm not a big "Refs are out to get us!" guy but with Tom Brady there's a real bias there. He's such an icon and by all accounts he's a good dude. The refs can't help but let their man crushes blind them.

As far as the league doing shady stuff to push the Bucs to the Super Bowl, I don't know about that. But for the individual refs it is a valid concern.

I didn't say they wouldn't be dangerous, I said I thought Winston would have proved to be "more dangerous".

Does Brady have New England's line blocking for him?

Does he have a defense that will keep the games close or will he be a sitting duck having to drop back to pass every down?

I'm not a rose colored glasses type, so this isn't a matter of being a Saints homer. I love the Saints, but I consider myself more of a realist, which sometimes doesn't sit well with some members. That said, I do not believe that Brady/Gronk will be a combination that will make the Bucs a better team than they were last year. Same? Sure. You might even be able to twist my arm into saying they will be one to two games better. But they won't score as many points. And like I said, they probably won't give up as many points because their defense won't constantly have their backs to the wall because of an abundance of turnovers. That considered, their defense is still a problem, and if Brady is constantly chasing, he's going to get roughed up. The Saints are the cream of the division and may be so for some time to come (depending on what happens at QB after Drew). The Bucs' newfound path to the playoffs isn't a sustainable model. It's a one or two year (if that) patch.

Last edited:
Gronk is Gronk dude still is a matchup nightmare I guarantee you! We were decent against TEs last year not named Kittle , Gronk is on that level or better Does this make our need at LB more pressing ? no I sure wouldn’t mind seeing 16 Healthy games from Analonze though

gronk isn’t even in the same stratosphere as Kittle....

This is a real concern. I'm not a big "Refs are out to get us!" guy but with Tom Brady there's a real bias there. He's such an icon and by all accounts he's a good dude. The refs can't help but let their man crushes blind them.

As far as the league doing shady stuff to push the Bucs to the Super Bowl, I don't know about that. But for the individual refs it is a valid concern.
I was never a refs are out to get us guy but my attitude changed after the no call. If the Patriots and the bucs make it to the super bowl this year I’ll never believe that things aren’t rigged.

I sincerely don't wish injuries to any player, but with all of the Brady/Gronk hoopla, it would be hilarious if Brady got a minor injury to his throwing hand and couldn't play all season. Gronk would be catching passes from Blaine Gabbert all season, even though he stated he would never play with another QB than Brady. Brady decides to retire after the season and Gronk joins him. Bucs fans get all excited over nothing. :hihi:

3xnsnk.jpg

I don't expect either one of them to make it through the season.

3xnsnk.jpg

Your pic is the biggest issue for them. Year after year they coasted to the playoffs with the division all but assured before the season started. I'm not saying they can't do it. But good luck getting through the NFC south.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom