The Saints Defense and "Band Aid" Signings (1 Viewer)

I really can't complain about management or coaches, they got me a superbowl win, after many many years without hope, now I have hope every year.

I don't expect us to win now. Its any any given Sunday sport and it changes every year. But I think better investments and choices could've been made along the way.

lol, tough crowd, but I actually see what you did there.

i think its funny how negative some people are on this site, i agree that we haven't signed that game changer on defense but not every player we sign is gonna be a pro bowler. Every team has role player and players added for depth.

I think the point is If we would Draft better, we wouldn't have to keep signing these "Role" player veterans year after year; and instead of an Overinflated cap number with a lot of Bloated contracts, would have a young, talented Nucleus on Defense with cap space to play with because they are playing on Rookie Contracts.

I think the point is If we would Draft better, we wouldn't have to keep signing these "Role" player veterans year after year; and instead of an Overinflated cap number with a lot of Bloated contracts, would have a young, talented Nucleus on Defense with cap space to play with because they are playing on Rookie Contracts.

You say "draft better", this is the same personal department that gave us Jermon Bushrod, Carl Nicks, Jahri Evans, Jimmy Graham, Marques Colston, Chris Ivory, Pierre Thomas, Zach Strief, Joseph Morgan, Lance Moore, etc, etc, etc.

And these were middle-low round picks and UDFA.

So, is it coaching? Or scouting?

What is funny though is how easy it is to be hyper critical after the draft. How many times you hear people say "this guy is going to be a stud" but when he isn't they call him a bust rather than calling themselves idiots for not knowing he WAS going to be a failure.

The draft is a gamble, PERIOD!

I know about 3 people who will say that no matter what work ethic Randy Moss had, he never would have been better than Jerry Rice.
Fact is, we will never know...
Assumption is, he would have been the best ever, FOREVER...

I want to see a Mock Draft of players that are going to suck and never amount to anything in the NFL. THAT would take talent to get right

I think it is too early to throw in the towel on Robinson or Jenkins and the list you mentioned of bandaids were relatively cheap depth. I don't. hink anyone thought they were getting probowlers. low risk possible high reward that every team has a mix of.

No it isn't. We need to get better players in here NOW. Robinson has been horrible for 2 years
now and needs to be replaced immediately if we want to start winning again, and Jenkins needs to be moved to SS if we're going to keep him on this team. Its time to move on from these under performing players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom