Article The Saints Embody the True Meaning of Having a No Name Defense (1 Viewer)

I dig the site and that's a good piece. I like your style of no nonsense, just getting to the point with your writing.

Only quibble I have, and it's a small one, is PJ Williams having the opportunity to improve on last season's performance. In all likelihood, the only way that'd be possible would be if P-Rob were to go on IR again. I think Robinson is that much better than Williams at this point in their respective careers that PJ isn't even really challenging him for the spot. I could be totally wrong, of course. Maybe P-Rob doesn't comer back from his injury as the same player he was before? I equate PJ today to where P-Rob was when we let him walk. Shows real flashes of being starter material but not the consistency.

Anyway, that's what camp is for and we'll see how it all shakes out. Again, nice work.

PJ, Robinson, Crawley...I think someone gets traded during camp or when the during the preseason because they have value and are all competing for one spot (in some regard) and maybe a guy like Wyatt proves valuable enough that PJ, Robinson or Crawley could garner the Saints a low round pick to a team that needs a young Vet CB.

PJ to me is a strong slot defender who I think fits this defense and was a good draft pick by the Saints, he's one of the better defensive back on the team...I'd rank him just behind Lattimore.

Somebody in a Facebook group said that Buffalo has the better no name defense. Lol
I didn't even respond.

I dig the site and that's a good piece. I like your style of no nonsense, just getting to the point with your writing.

Only quibble I have, and it's a small one, is PJ Williams having the opportunity to improve on last season's performance. In all likelihood, the only way that'd be possible would be if P-Rob were to go on IR again. I think Robinson is that much better than Williams at this point in their respective careers that PJ isn't even really challenging him for the spot. I could be totally wrong, of course. Maybe P-Rob doesn't comer back from his injury as the same player he was before? I equate PJ today to where P-Rob was when we let him walk. Shows real flashes of being starter material but not the consistency.

Anyway, that's what camp is for and we'll see how it all shakes out. Again, nice work.

At PRobs age (31), the next year isn’t a guarantee to sustain the previous year’s level of play. Add the injury... and I feel it’s 50/50 who wins majority of ncb snaps IMO. Add Chauncey in the mix and it gets blurry. Hope someone runs away with the job

Somebody in a Facebook group said that Buffalo has the better no name defense. Lol
I didn't even respond.
Buffalos defense is going to be really good this yr with a great defensive coach. I wouldn’t laugh to hard lol

Not sure if u agree cause of Ricky Jackson, but to me we’ve never had that 1 truly great defender that transforms a de which is crazy to say after all these yrs. where is our urlacher and ray Lewis type

Not sure if u agree cause of Ricky Jackson, but to me we’ve never had that 1 truly great defender that transforms a de which is crazy to say after all these yrs. where is our urlacher and ray Lewis type
The whole Dome Patrol - as a unit and individually - are our Urlacher type. We've got one now in Cam Jordan too. But like you said, Rickey Jackson is probably our historical Urlacher. I mean, he's only in the hall of fame.

Buffalos defense is going to be really good this yr with a great defensive coach. I wouldn’t laugh to hard lol
Until they have something to show for it i.e. playoff appearances I'll keep laughing hard.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom