Saints The Saints got themselves a 3 headed monster in the Draft (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Saints scored big with the selections of Ruiz, Trautman and Baun

With Ruiz the Saints might have the best O-Line in football and definitely the deepest. This will keep em fresh throughout the game as they wear down opposing defensive lines.

With Baun the Saints have a deep LB Corp with All-Pro Davis leading the way. If he plays as well in his Rookie year as well as he did at Wisconsin last year the Saints will have the best LB set in the league. Health of Anzalone and KIKO will be key.

A double TE set of Cook and Trautman sounds tantalizing. Throw in Taysom as a WR in some of those sets it'll be quite deadly. That's three humongous bodies to defend at once. Just for fun throw in Deonte so defenses will also have to keep up with also. M.T and Sanders will also benefit greatly from double TE sets.

Can't wait to see next year Saints team. I think we will all be in for a treat.

Depending on the Big Board you use, all three were excellent value picks. NFL.com had them listed this way:
Pick 24 -- Ruiz, ranked 23rd
Pick 74 -- Baun, ranked 18th
Pick 105 -- Trautman, ranked 72nd

Are you aware of the other LB corps.....
San Fran
Minne
Buffalo

there are some that are much better and not counting on a 3rd round pick rookie.

With Ruiz the Saints might have the best O-Line in football and definitely the deepest. This will keep em fresh throughout the game as they wear down opposing defensive lines.

With Baun the Saints have a deep LB Corp with All-Pro Davis leading the way. If he plays as well in his Rookie year as well as he did at Wisconsin last year the Saints will have the best LB set in the league. Health of Anzalone and KIKO will be key.

A double TE set of Cook and Trautman sounds tantalizing. Throw in Taysom as a WR in some of those sets it'll be quite deadly. That's three humongous bodies to defend at once. Just for fun throw in Deonte so defenses will also have to keep up with also. M.T and Sanders will also benefit greatly from double TE sets.

I think we are doing well in the draft, and have made our team better. But you have to remember, nearly every other team made theirs better too. Our division did very well in the offseason and draft.

I think we are doing well in the draft, and have made our team better. But you have to remember, nearly every other team made theirs better too. Our division did very well in the offseason and draft.
I think Tampa and Carolina definitely did... atl not so much imo.. I think Davidson was a good pick

I freaking forgot about the other 3rd round pick :covri: and went to bed after they picked Baun. I love the tight end pick and look forward to reading about him.

Over excitement regarding players that are marginally talented. The saints come out of this draft without a slot WR and needing more speed at that position. Remember LSU ran the saints offense better than the saints because the saints only had 1.5 quality receivers on the rosters. Look for the saints to grab a bunch of castoff's and undrafted free agents with minimal talent and hope for the best, We have to stop trading out future to get players that may or may not help the saints.

I freaking forgot about the other 3rd round pick :covri: and went to bed after they picked Baun. I love the tight end pick and look forward to reading about him.
We didn't have another pick. We traded up again. We gave all of today's picks to get back into the 3rd.

Over excitement regarding players that are marginally talented. The saints come out of this draft without a slot WR and needing more speed at that position. Remember LSU ran the saints offense better than the saints because the saints only had 1.5 quality receivers on the rosters. Look for the saints to grab a bunch of castoff's and undrafted free agents with minimal talent and hope for the best, We have to stop trading out future to get players that may or may not help the saints.

Wow...we addressed the slot when we acquired Sanders....also I really believe Deonte Harris's role in the offense as a WR will grow a bit....and now we have Jared Cook and a young, athletic TE to feed as well....and Taysom Hill is likely coming back....then you have to feed the 2 monsters (MT and Kamara) and there is this Latavious guy we all want to see get more carries.....

But we still need a young slot WR badly? Ok....and LSU ran that offense so well mainly because of something the so-called experts fail to mention almost always....a dominant offensive line.....

If we trade back into the later rounds and/or acquiring UDFA, I'm hoping we get some CB and DT depth (Rankins is not guaranteed to come back fully).....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom