The Saints have the best defense in the NFL (1 Viewer)

Just curious did Marcus Davenport play much? Seems like he was not out there much but could be wrong.
Seems like with the knowledge that the Falcons weren’t going to run much, TRex got the nod much more often early in the game. That said, (it seemed to me) he was rotated in heavily in the 2nd half and got plenty of push.

having a fresh Davenport or Hendrickson to bring in the game in the 2nd half of games is just such a beautiful thing!

Kwon Alexander is now allowing us to use Demario as an extra pass rusher. And he's lethal.

I won’t get into the “best defense” designation, but your observation above has been the key.

Alexander being able to cover capably has changed everything for this defense. We’re so much more flexible because of that presence.

Add that to the attention Davenport commands up front, and you have some sweet music being made. Jordan and Davis can really do their thaaaaaang now.

I won’t get into the “best defense” designation, but your observation above has been the key.

Alexander being able to cover capably has changed everything for this defense. We’re so much more flexible because of that presence.

Add that to the attention Davenport commands up front, and you have some sweet music being made. Jordan and Davis can really do their thaaaaaang now.
Yes Quon is just the most amazing addition to this defense.

As good as the line and Rush have been I also give credit to a much-improved secondary that is giving them that extra 1/4 second to reach the QB. Hard to blitz if you don't trust the secondary. Real happy the Defensive Coordinator is developing that trust.

I was in the fire DA camp early in the season because it was obvious the defense had tons of talent he’s definitely redeemed himself and took advantage of that talent. Kudos to him and I hope it continues all the way through a championship. Don’t be so hard on the fire DA guys though cause if I recall correctly a lot of people defending DA were saying we didn’t have enough defensive talent so luckily both sides were wrong.

The front 4--or the defensive line as a unit is the best in football. Constantly getting pressure with the down linemen is an absolute game changer. Now with Alexander, we might have the best front 7 too? Love this defense.

Broncos lighting up the dolphins in the run game. Dolphins rush d rank in that department is 21st. Broncos rush off is 21st (higher after this game).

Hamler for the Broncos looks like the biggest threat & there D don't blitz much (6 sacks as I type this vs Dolphins). I hope this team doesn't take them lightly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom