Saints The Saints have their best roster ever and Perhaps in the NFL. (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
QBs- Drew is still elite and put up MVP type numbers. Taysom will probably see more passing plays.

OL- Is very stacked and McCoy in his second year will be scary good.

T.E- Cook, Josh Hill and Taysom filling in from time to time make a formidable group.

W.R- This group might be scary good. CGM, Sanders, TQS and Taysom will give defenses fits. Expect more Deonte in the WR role. Wouldn't be surprised if the Saints draft a top WR prospect.

RBs-A.K and L.M form a nice duo. A.K in a contract year will probably have his best season yet. T.H and Doente
will be featured some.

D-line. If Davenport and Rankins come back healthy this will be a deep and dangerous unit. Granderson is my sleeper this year. A full camp after some action will help make him even more disruptive.

L.B- Kiko, Davis, Anzalone along with Kaden Ellis are a nice group.

Safety- P.J, Jenkins, Marcus Williams, CGJ, Swearinger? form A very solid core could be elite.

Safety. Janoris, Lattimore with P.J sliding over from time to time makes this an excellent unit.

Special Teams- The Saints have one of the best special team units in the NFL.

Last edited:
It looks good on paper, but I’m not too optimistic that Rankins, Anzalone, Alonso, Davenport, Peat, or Armstead make it to the end of the season. Maybe a couple of those names will, but not all.

That’s six of your 22 starters that are injured year in and year out. Over a quarter of the starters...

I love the optimism, but i do not agree. I think we are thin at WR and TE, still. This combined with Drews lack of strecthing the field does not make me feel we have the best offense.

RB wise, i like it, barring no injuries.

We are thin at LB, kiko injury past worries me.

We need better play out of our secondary as a whole. Fingers crossed jackrabbit is the lockdown CB we need.

Need more depth pieces along the D-line and at Corner and another Mike/SAM Linebacker to replace Klein in base downs, and as insurance for Anzalone. Would like youth at Corner and Linebacker.

Offense is mostly set, but I still want a young WR to come and learn and eventually take over for Sanders in 2 seasons.. (bonus if they can beat out Tre'Quan for snaps now.)

I love the optimism, but i do not agree. I think we are thin at WR and TE, still. This combined with Drews lack of strecthing the field does not make me feel we have the best offense.

RB wise, i like it, barring no injuries.

We are thin at LB, kiko injury past worries me.

We need better play out of our secondary as a whole. Fingers crossed jackrabbit is the lockdown CB we need.

How are we thin at TE ? Taysom is basically your TE Hybird/Running back with QB skills

only issue on O is we can add another receiver Deep Threat this can be done through FA or draft

QBs- Drew is still elite and put up MVP type numbers. Taysom will probably see more passing plays.

OL- Is very stacked and McCoy in his second year will be scary good.

T.E- Cook, Josh Hill and Taysom filling in from time to time make a formidable group.

W.R- This group might be scary good. CGM, Sanders, TQS and Taysom will give defenses fits. Expect more Deonte in the WR role. Wouldn't be surprised if the Saints draft a top WR prospect.

RBs-A.K and L.M form a nice duo. A.K in a contract year will probably have his best season yet. T.H and Doente
will be featured some.

D-line. If Davenport and Rankins come back healthy this will be a deep and dangerous unit. Granderson is my sleeper this year. A full camp after some action will help make him even more disruptive.

L.B- Kiko, Davis, Anzalone along with Kaden Ellis are a nice group.

Safety- P.J, Jenkins, Marcus Williams, CGJ, Swearinger? form A very solid core could be elite.

Safety. Janoris, Lattimore with P.J sliding over from time to makes this an excellent unit.

Special Teams- The Saints have one of the best special team units in the NFL.

Did we re-sign Swearinger and I missed it? I'd feel a lot better about our safety depth if we did.

It looks good on paper, but I’m not too optimistic that Rankins, Anzalone, Alonso, Davenport, Peat, or Armstead make it to the end of the season. Maybe a couple of those names will, but not all.

That’s six of your 22 starters that are injured year in and year out. Over a quarter of the starters...
Depth is important, but you're over egging this on most of those players, and acting as if their injuries last year were a consistent career trend.

Alonso has been durable throughout his career, Rankins played all 32 games before last season, Davenport has played 26 of 32 in his career and Peat has played 65 of 80 games in his career.

Your opinion about these players being 'injury prone' is probably anecdotal, because we had a bunch of injured starters, at the tail end of the season and playoffs, which is both the worst time to be injured, but also statistically the most likely time to be injured given the wear and tear of playing up to that point.

And FYI most NFL players are 'injured year in and year out' and have to manage the pain of playing if their team doctor says they can go. Fans (not pointed at you) have IMO a terribly unrealistic expectation on players being tough enough to play whatever and whenever, and if they don't play, they openly question that toughness and start talking as if the player isn't good enough. See Kamara for the most recent example.

Did we re-sign Swearinger and I missed it? I'd feel a lot better about our safety depth if we did.
I think I put a question mark after his name. I would love have Swearinger back also.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom