The Saints in London !! (1 Viewer)

I've registered for tickets but it's a long shot to actually get them

regardless, if there's tailgating going down, I'm gonna be at the stadium to meet all of you guys and then scarper off to a pub to watch (though hopefully I'll get tix)

sweet!

It's also nice to hear that I've got some fellow Saints fans in the UK

I'll be there too, I've actually been to New Orleans in each of the last 2 years to see a game but due to other commitments I'm not able to go this year, so to have the Saints come to England is awesome!

I've heard talk of the organisers trying to 'segregate' the Saints and Chargers fans (not cos they're worried about trouble, just to create a better atmosphere) and I think this would work, as a bunch of Saints fans all sat together will make a lot more noise than if they were spread about randomly. And remember we're the 'home' team, so we need to make as much noise as possible to replicate the Dome-field advantage.

Obviously it's still well in advance, but there will HAVE to be some kind of SR.com British fans party on gameday - including of course any US guys that make it over too!

I've been lurking the NFLUK.com forums since this game was announced and there's a small hard-core group of Saints fans including our own Zorro37 on the board, but just as with any non-native sport in a foreign country it's the winners that get all the fans. I don't blame them because that's what games would be broadcast and who the news would cover.

That said, this should be a great opportunity to gain some new fans. We can only go up in fan support since, apparently, we are one of the least supported teams out of the NFLUK.com membership: http://www.nfluk.com/news-display.php?id=1593
That's about the most conclusive info you will get showing numbers of fans in the UK.
There are roughly 19 000 members.
That means 1 percent is about 190 fans.

Right up at the top are the Pats (8.6%), the Dolphins (8.2) and the 49ers (6.1)
That means on that board there are roughly 1634 Patriots fans, 1558 Dolphins fans and
1159 Niners fans.

Way down at the bottom of the scale is No Affiliation (0.7%), Cards (0.6), Saints (0.6), Texans (0.6).
Roughly 133 fans who do not have a team, and 114 each for the Cardinals, Saints and Texans.

It's a bit ridiculous when there are more fans who just watch the game for the fun of it and don't have a team to support, than those who choose to follow the Saints.
That shows how little sense it makes for the Saints to come here.
They are though, so we should do the best we can to come out of at least the bottom 3 supported teams by playing an exciting game and putting the ball in the endzone.

All Brits need to make sure that they have registered their interest with NFLUK. If you have access to other email addresses through friends or family, then explore that avenue as well.
I should get my ticket from New Orleans through my season ticket, but if I am successful over here then I will pass them on to fellow Saints fans.
The British Saints will have a range of merchandise out soon to celebrate this momentous occasion.................so watch this space !!!!!!!!

As season ticket holders will we be offered the opportunity to buy tickets to the London game?

Is there going to be a travel package that is put together that is all inclusive? Tickets, flight, hotel?

All Brits need to make sure that they have registered their interest with NFLUK. If you have access to other email addresses through friends or family, then explore that avenue as well.
I should get my ticket from New Orleans through my season ticket, but if I am successful over here then I will pass them on to fellow Saints fans.
The British Saints will have a range of merchandise out soon to celebrate this momentous occasion.................so watch this space !!!!!!!!

Hi theenglishsaint.

Yes, i have registered interest. However there is a bit of controversy behind the selling of the tickets over here.

Aparently people who attended the Super Bash were told that they would have 'priority seats' and of course this angered people who had to register there interest.

So there is the first contriversial moment of NFL in the UK 2008.

Update: One of the myriad London threads included mention of the state of the field for the Giants - Dolphins game.

I heard this evening that the pitch has been completely relaid - there was an England soccer game at Wembley tonight and from what I saw of it the new surface looks fine.

Last time, the pitch was drenched as it had rained all week in London prior to the game(even by UK standards there was a lot of rain) and don't forget English football doesn't ruin the pitch as much as the American guys.

I still believe that if it rains as much as last time, the pitch will be in terrible condition.

Last time, the pitch was drenched as it had rained all week in London prior to the game(even by UK standards there was a lot of rain) and don't forget English football doesn't ruin the pitch as much as the American guys.

I still believe that if it rains as much as last time, the pitch will be in terrible condition.

Hi tuw,

I personally dont think it will be that bad again. I have heard that they will be putting more protection on the pitch up to 3 weeks before the game is held. Thus will stop the pitch from becoming wet and cutting up more.

"Aparently people who attended the Super Bash were told that they would have 'priority seats' and of course this angered people who had to register there interest.

So there is the first contriversial moment of NFL in the UK 2008.[/QUOTE]

It really amazes me how they seem to think over here in the U.K. Having attended a Super Bash in London 3 years ago, I can vouch for the fact that it is a over-hyped tea party. Most people who do attend are from London, as no one from the North would waste their time travelling all the way to London just to stand in front of a big screen with a warm beer in your hand whilst people on stage shout " are you having a good time, well make some noise " It really is that cheesy.
Why they should get preference for tickets amazes me. What about the Brits, like myself, that make regular bank busting Transatlantic trips to watch their team each season ? Two of us here in Stoke-on-Trent hold Saints season tickets and are still not guaranteed a ticket, yet those Super BaSh attendees sail to the front of the queue.

It makes my blood boil.

I am so happy that the saints are coming over to the UK.

I read that people were unhappy with loosing a home game (and i would if i lived in America) but i am so happy that the Mighty god like New Orleans Saints are coming over to the UK.

Although i live over 400 miles away from London, and the game is on a Sunday night and i work till 3pm on Sunday and im meant to be in college the next day, i am still hoping to go with my dad.

Is any one else (but from America) that is happy with the Saints coming to the UK?

Lee (Manchester, England)

My company is opening an office in Manchester in March. I will be living in Manchester this summer to help get things rolling. I think I will be making a trip back over conveniently during this game... So, I'll be pulling for Man-U until then. :) Cheers!!!

i will be there with or without tickets :)
iv registered my self for tickets, and so did lots of my friends whom are not into football, but if they win any tickets, they will be for sale for sure,,, ill post here...
Who DAT!

My company is opening an office in Manchester in March. I will be living in Manchester this summer to help get things rolling. I think I will be making a trip back over conveniently during this game... So, I'll be pulling for Man-U until then. :) Cheers!!!

Hi.

Well that is some great news.

Do you know actually where in Manchester you will be living?

Also, when you come over, do sample Cricket & Speedway, with maybe a bit of Rugby, you will fall in love for Manchester then! :9:

But to make things better, support Droylsden and Man u! :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom