The Saints organization is best its ever been (1 Viewer)

From owner to gm, scouting, head coach, position coaches and coordinators, qbs, and every conceivable position on the field we have at least average to above average talent and even some elite. Is this the most complete Saints team and organization that weve ever had?
Uh - yes

You all know what story line is coming if we make it to the Super Bowl though. It’s been just sitting there for about a year now waiting to get really flushed out.

You all know what story line is coming if we make it to the Super Bowl though. It’s been just sitting there for about a year now waiting to get really flushed out.

What are you referring to? The first thing that comes to mind when you say this is Brees vs Rivers, but I’m not sure if that’s the story line you’re referring to or not.

The think I love about this team is how everyone seems to genuinely care about each other and they love playing together. You can see it in the Dance Celebration videos that surface after they win a game.

I love that for the past 4 years people keep saying what you just said. It's awesome.

Seems like we have probowl type players at almost every position now. It’s unreal.

I love this team. The players, coaching staff, administration and the city itself have given me as much enjoyment as anything else I can think of for over 10 years. For years I've looked forward to our games all week, which on one view is insane because the start times here are typically between 3am and 5am Monday mornings and my Mondays as a whole are dreadful given I barely sleep on Sunday night (often due to pre-game nerves) and then spend 20+ consecutive hours awake until late Monday evening. But in those seasons, particularly where we were travelling across from Australia for a handful of games as my friend and I normally do every second year, having those flights circled on the calendar got me through some seriously long hours and difficult days at work.

But, as much as I have relished this team being great and winning as often as we have and the shared experiences we have enjoyed, we absolutely have to win another Super Bowl. It would be a travesty if this group of players and personnel, incredible regular season records and all, wasted another year come the post-season. This team has too much talent, too much coaching expertise, and too many superstars to not win when it counts. It would also be incredibly unfortunate if the legacy of this 2017 - 2020 Saints unit was one of underachievement and failing to deliver when it matters most. Brees needs a second ring and frankly, Payton needs a second, and then a third with a different quarterback, to accurately reflect how good he has been.

I get that there are people who grew up watching the 'Aints and feel a sense of gratitude just because we're competitive from week to week. However, that's not what this organisation is in 2020 and that's not where our expectations should be. We're good enough to win it all and frankly anything short of that will be a disappointment. Adjust your expectations because we're in this season up to our eyeballs. Who dat!

Last edited:
No disrespect intended. Tom Benson was an outstanding owner. Just speaking in the present and future tense.
not trying to be a "downer", but there was a period when we were on shaky ground. No out of towner loves the City , history and Saints more than me

You’re with us in San Antonio, or you’re not with us.”

— Saints owner Tom Benson — allegedly — in a memo to all employees after the Saints had “temporarily” relocated post Katrina to San Antonio. Benson fired Saints vice president Arnold Fielkow for saying he wanted the Saints to stay in New Orleans. Benson was considering a move to San Antonio even before Katrina and tried to use Katrina as the exit launch before NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue blocked him like a real levee — not the New Orleans ones from the Army Corps of Engineers.

this is part of the article that appeared in the Lafayette Daily Advertiser written by Glenn Guilbeau.
personally I will never forget the "Get off my propty" as Tom pushed Tv reporters away.

From owner to gm, scouting, head coach, position coaches and coordinators, qbs, and every conceivable position on the field we have at least average to above average talent and even some elite. Is this the most complete Saints team and organization that weve ever had?

So that's why we all in a good mood these days...lmao. I think seeing that we have two options past Brees has lifted spirits as well.

Good post

Gayle Benson is the key! She has great people running the organization and they in turn appreciate her faith and trust in them. Seems to be more like a family then a business. Coach Payton could have uprooted and gone almost anywhere he wanted to, but he’s stayed loyal and certainly enjoys the flexibility he has earned when it comes to building the Saints in his vision.
Absolutely correct. While many on SR revere Tom Benson the younger crowd don’t remember the early years. He was all about money and made some poor decisions. Something happened after Katrina. He was hell bent on moving the team. When he was forced to stay and he realized what it meant to his home town something seemed to click inside of him.

Then you add Gayle and all of a sudden you see him investing and giving money all over town. SHE in my opinion is the key to what we have now. She has turned operations over to ML Football over to SP. and the business over to that other guy who’s name I don’t remember. She has set the guidelines based on what her husband. In his later years taught her. And let the pros run things

I believe we are set for a long run of excellence

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom