The Saints organization is best its ever been (1 Viewer)

I'm for sure living in the now. We have it very good these days. I'd be lying though if I didn't say in the back of my mind I have a little voice asking me about this cap situation coming up.

He was 100% gone. The autobiography on Benson published before his death was illuminating but not always flattering of his business dealings, but strongly intimated as much.

I definitely think Gayle softened him up in his later years and made a point of restoring the trust and confidence of New Orleans in him and the team (and the team and city are infinitely better for her serving that role ).

Paul Tagliabue’s role in the whole process - in bringing the team home - should never be forgotten either. I sent him an email a while back on his elevation to Canton to congratulate him and thank him for his work in bringing the team back to NOLA and surprisingly received a response which was very kind too. The team owes its continued existence to him as much as anybody, in my opinion.
Would love to see some of the response. If not, def understand, but either way, class act by you.

Would love to see some of the response. If not, def understand, but either way, class act by you.

It was fairly brief - to the effect of, "I appreciate it" and "Thank you for the thoughtful comments".

Save for some redactions as to my identity or his details (I have a vary tangential connection to him via a friend who was legal counsel at the NFL so it wasn’t entirely unsolicited fan mail!), my email was:

Congratulations on your recent election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

I am [redacted] and a dedicated fan of the New Orleans Saints, having effectively used all of my holiday allocation to travel to New Orleans several times over a number of years, including eight games over these past three years alone. You are respected and admired down there and deservedly so.

I could not imagine what New Orleans would be like in 2020 without your concerted efforts to keep the Saints in that city post-Katrina, although it seems apparent to me it would have left New Orleans a very different (and much poorer) place. Certainly, without the Saints, there are fewer tourists like me travelling half-way around the world to support the team, and with them, the local businesses and the incredible people who live down there - several of whom I now count amongst my friends.

[redacted]

I just wish to emphasise that the city and the fans of the New Orleans Saints (from as far away as Australia) owe you a debt of gratitude for supporting them during their darkest hour.

Congratulations again, and best wishes

I was very impressed he took the time to acknowledge it. Seems like a person of good character.

It was fairly brief - to the effect of, "I appreciate it" and "Thank you for the thoughtful comments".

Save for some redactions as to my identity or his details (I have a vary tangential connection to him via a friend who was legal counsel at the NFL so it wasn’t entirely unsolicited fan mail!), my email was:

Congratulations on your recent election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

I am [redacted] and a dedicated fan of the New Orleans Saints, having effectively used all of my holiday allocation to travel to New Orleans several times over a number of years, including eight games over these past three years alone. You are respected and admired down there and deservedly so.

I could not imagine what New Orleans would be like in 2020 without your concerted efforts to keep the Saints in that city post-Katrina, although it seems apparent to me it would have left New Orleans a very different (and much poorer) place. Certainly, without the Saints, there are fewer tourists like me travelling half-way around the world to support the team, and with them, the local businesses and the incredible people who live down there - several of whom I now count amongst my friends.

[redacted]

I just wish to emphasise that the city and the fans of the New Orleans Saints (from as far away as Australia) owe you a debt of gratitude for supporting them during their darkest hour.

Congratulations again, and best wishes

I was very impressed he took the time to acknowledge it. Seems like a person of good character.
Thanks for sharing!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom