The Saints Playoff chance (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know all of you think the saints are gonna make the playoffs but im thinking otherwise.

Well, that was simply brilliant! That statement took alot of thought and research, I'm sure. :hookline:

Would have seemed alot more legitimate if you followed up your statement with an objective (not subjective) reason or two why you felt that way.

I have a job for you, if you're interested.

Lets see, 6 teams make the playoffs.

We have a 1 game lead on Carolina for the division.

And we have a 2 game lead on 4 other teams teams. And those 4 other teams all play each other, and they play their division winners as well. And I suspect Dallas will put the Ginats 2 back as well.

And we have the tie-breaker on most of the outside-looking-in teams.

Going 1-4 in our last 5 games might still gets us in at 8-8.
Going 2-3 in our last 5 games most likely gets us in at 9-7.
Going 3-2 positively gets us in at 10-6.

Currently these are the 7th place teams (Who would probably need to finish 4-1 to catch us)...
San Fran - has to play @ NO, @Seattle, @ Denver, GB and AZ.
St Louis - is imploding and has to play Chicago, @Minn, @Oak, AZ, and Wash
Minnesota - has to play Chicago, @GB, @Det, NYJ and StLouis.

Philly - 3 games back wth 5 to go.
Atlanta - 3 games back with 5 to go.

There's a difference between starting a thread to see our opinions and just posting negative stuff you know 99.99% of us disagree with just to get attention. First of all, give us three objective reasons why, in your opinion, the Saints will not make the playoffs...

I know all of you think the saints are gonna make the playoffs but im thinking otherwise.

Rather than start a new thread with one sentence and no real substance, you should have added this to one of the existing playoff threads instead.

Or...

If you felt you were presenting a topic that needed standalone recognition, then at least take the time to present your ideas and explain why you think the team won't make the playoffs. This makes for more interesting discussion starters.

By all of us making this effort, hopefully some of the redundancy can be reduced. New threads that don't offer up new topics and/or points unnecessarily take up space on the front page.

In any event, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom