The Saints REAL problem on Defense? (1 Viewer)

NCSaint

In my opinion it is because first and foremost they give the other teams QB too much time. Any websights keep stats on opposing teams time a QB has to let a play develop? We have to be right at or close to the bottom of the league in that category.

To fix this I would start by getting Ellis or Dorsey (can I have both?) put Will Smith on a diet, hope that Grant comes back with an attitude (and healthy ankle) and find a clone of that Tuck kid http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/projo_20080204_tuck.8a133cf4.html with the Giants.

Then go to work on the LB's in a big way.

Our secondary got even weaker with MM going down. Lets hope Young, Harper are ready - who else do we have? Can Devery or Copper play CB? That is a disaster back there but with a Giants like pass rush playing kill the QB football it will work.

You guys probably have better ideas but at least that is my idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
i want gholsten. we need complex blitz schemes with the LB. 2nd round get a safety or DT. 1-3 must be LB then DT/safety

gholsten and lance briggs will be nice then a DT in the second.

Last edited:
I also think Bullocks' deficiency in coverage is exposed on a weekly basis.

Our real problem is in our FS and MLB. Those two players must be studs. Kenny Phillips and Jonathan Vilma are two studs that would fill those needs.

even just kenny phillips. imagine how much improved the pass defense would be with A. Samuel and K. Phillips.

I'd even start KK over Bullocks at this point.

i want gholsten. we need complex blitz schemes with the LB. 2nd round get a safety or DT. 1-3 must be LB then DT/safety

gholsten and lance briggs will be nice then a DT in the second.

I wouldn't mind this pick at all as long as Gibbs uses some imagination with his blitz schemes.

I wouldn't mind this pick at all as long as Gibbs uses some imagination with his blitz schemes.

I'm willing to give Gibbs one more chance because his playcalling MAY not be the problem. It may be the players. Add Gohlston/Briggs/Connor/Fillintheblank, it may give his playcalling new life.

I sure hope we get us a stud DL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom