Saints * * * The Saints Roster Moves Thread * * * (1 Viewer)

Butler is a huge surprise if what the coaches were reported to be saying about him was true. You wouldn't cut a once in a decade UDFA unless you're an outright liar, or an idiot. I'm more inclined to believe the reporter was exaggerating.

A reporter exaggerating a story!?!? Inconceivable!!

The thing is, we aren't unique in having a bunch of players like this that we hope can slip through to the PS. It's practically the same all over the league.
I'm not too scared about losing the skill guys, especially the receivers. That seems to be a position where teams have a lot of guys they like. It is possible to lose one, but if we do, I think that will allow us to keep another guy on the PS we like.

I also think that with the Saints keeping 9 OL, when they have typically kept 8, and that Cameron Tom is also not one of those 9 (since he's on IR), that signals to me that the Saints feel a lot better about their OL depth than most of us do.

Dwayne Washington is a ST beast, leading the league in ST tackles before he got cheap shotted and concussed. Ozigbo, not so much.
Payton raved about Ozigbo on STs as well. Hopefully he makes it back to the PS.

When I think of Carr, I think about all those weeks we've expected Austin Carr to blow up. Looks like we get to do that again this year.
Not so much. He spent the summer working out with Brees to correct what had us wanting more last year, hence Drew singling him out after practice one day out of all the receivers on the roster to pump sunshine about.

Last edited:
I wasn’t that upset about Boston Scott since we had good capable backs on the roster with experience.

After Thomas & Ginn I’m not too confident in a position that could possibly have 5 on the field at one time

You're really worried about 5 wide sets? It's a serious long shot that we field 5 WRs on the field at one time even once this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom