Saints * * * The Saints Roster Moves Thread * * * (2 Viewers)

He’s a “roster exemption” - so we can carry him as exempt under the commissioner’s exempt rule. I don’t think he can practice but not sure.
He can't practice with the team, but you can bet your butt they'll have him signed up with a professional trainer throughout the entire year who reports his progress or lack thereof to the team on a weekly basis. He improves greatly by week 6 and we have a hurt or injured player, he could get onto the roster.

I retract all of the above after reading the post from who I believe was Superhuck5,000,000. I hadn't caught up with the thread. Just got home.

Last edited:
Do we only have 2 tight ends? Or did we keep Garrett Griffin? Arnold has only gotten better & better. I liked what I saw in Derby. I wish I could of seen more of Mack, but supposedly he wasn’t all that great in practice. Griffin would of been the last guy I would of kept LOL

Who is our backup tackle?

I hope we don’t regret cutting Butler. That kid has talent with a good head on his shoulders. I haven’t been this mad by a cut in a long time...
Griffin is IR'd

You're really worried about 5 wide sets? It's a serious long shot that we field 5 WRs on the field at one time even once this year.

No I’m saying you can’t compare the running back and receiver position cause one never really has more than one of the field and the other could have up to 5

The morning sunshine (Butler) did not make the 53! Gotta do it when the lights come on. He didn’t. Maybe he’ll develop on PS. He was a morning glory.

So, the Saints front office thinks that they cannot afford to release Ken Crawley at the expense of waiving Emmanuel Butler...

I usually trust the Saints brain trust, but Crawley is not worth a roster spot, especially if it means exposing a young talented player to the waiver wire.

With ozigbo being cut, I wonder if they're thinking about bringing Zenner in for a look or if they just really like Washington
Washington might end up being the ST captain if Robertson is out for any substantial amount of time. He led thre league in ST tackles before he got concussed on that cheap shot. Still haven't heard about a fine for that punk who had two personal foul cheap shots.

So, the Saints front office thinks that they cannot afford to release Ken Crawley at the expense of waiving Emmanuel Butler...

I usually trust the Saints brain trust, but Crawley is not worth a roster spot, especially if it means exposing a young talented player to the waiver wire.

Positional Value

This may be a dumb question but...who’s our PS QB? Does Taysom run the PS offense? Will Sean bring in a 4th arm? Find out on the next episode of Glee.

The practice squad practices with the whole team, they just don't get many reps.

When has that ever happened? And if so, I'm sure the coaches have thought about all contingencies plans.

The last few games last season, both Peat and Armstead were way below 100% and it showed. That's what started all the "demise of Drew Brees" articles we saw this off-season.

One is an NFL starter, a year removed from a really great season, the other is a udfa wr who hasn't really shown much with the lights on. And you're wondering why we're exposing him to waivers over cutting Crawley? No one is picking up Butler off waivers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom