Saints * * * The Saints Roster Moves Thread * * * (1 Viewer)

In the distant past we were wondering how many players would be claimed to round out a pathetic, 53 player roster.

Now we stress over having so much talent that other teams might claim some of it for themselves.

I hope that the Saints can keep Ozigbo, Butler, Lil'Jordan, Arnold, and others, but it's a very nice problem to have.

The morning sunshine (Butler) did not make the 53! Gotta do it when the lights come on. He didn’t. Maybe he’ll develop on PS. He was a morning glory.
I'll bet if he makes it to the PS that he'd be one of the first considered to be called up. And I think he'll make the PS.

Happy with the moves. Sean and the front office have had a good eye for talent the last couple years.

So, the Saints front office thinks that they cannot afford to release Ken Crawley at the expense of waiving Emmanuel Butler...

I usually trust the Saints brain trust, but Crawley is not worth a roster spot, especially if it means exposing a young talented player to the waiver wire.
Yes. Because like someone pointed out in the immortal words of Jim Mora earlier, "You think you know. But you don't know."

The practice squad practices with the whole team, they just don't get many reps.

The last few games last season, both Peat and Armstead were way below 100% and it showed. That's what started all the "demise of Drew Brees" articles we saw this off-season.
Along with the injury in week 13 or thereabouts to Max. He was not the same the last quarter of season.

The Saints didn’t keep 2 TEs, they kept 3

The Saints didn’t keep 6 WRs, they kept 7

The Saints didn’t keep 3 RBs, they kept 4

The Saints didn’t keep 1 KR, they kept 2

See, the Saints have something that no other team in the NFL has ever had... it’s called a Taysom Hill ?
I do think that made the decision to keep two TE on the roster easier. The top "position" he played last year was TE.

I've got to figure that Mack will clear waivers. Arnold might. If both go on the PS, we don't really need anyone else.

See, the Saints have something that no other team in the NFL has ever had... it’s called a Taysom Hill ?
I hear ya. But the TE part is a stretch. No one would think he's in there to possibly have to block a DE one on one (if lined up tight, of course.)

I hear ya. But the TE part is a stretch. No one would think he's in there to possibly have to block a DE one on one (if lined up tight, of course.)
That's Josh Hill's job, and we have an extra backup OL as well.

Can he play OT? Dumb question, of course he can.

Is what it is... Getting all worked up over something you have absolutely zero control over is foolish.

Let’s see who lands on the practice squad now... I bet dollars-to-donuts that at least a couple guys are from other teams that were never on our radar.
let fans fan the way they want to fan

Washington might end up being the ST captain if Robertson is out for any substantial amount of time. He led thre league in ST tackles before he got concussed on that cheap shot. Still haven't heard about a fine for that punk who had two personal foul cheap shots.
Yeah, that's just disturbing and demoralzing.

Player safety?

These are too often textbook fouls against the Saints that get overlooked....

Yeah, that's just disturbing and demoralzing.

Player safety?

These are too often textbook fouls against the Saints that get overlooked....
It's really getting old at this point. I'd list them but I'm sure you remember them just as much as I do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom