The Saints vs Media (1 Viewer)

Yesterday one of them said of the Saints game that's there's nothing you can learn from one win. In the next breath, he said, "But in the case of Philadelphia's win, there kinda is."

Like bruh. You can either deduce something from one game or you can't. They stay talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Yesterday one of them said of the Saints game that's there's nothing you can learn from one win. In the next breath, he said, "But in the case of Philadelphia's win, there kinda is."

Like bruh. You can either deduce something from one game or you can't. They stay talking out of both sides of their mouth.
As well as their orifice in the rear...

I’m just curious what nick wright has to say. Dude went out of his way to address saints fans to say saints are finished. He was talking about Jameis winning the starting job then went totally left field to hate.
He referred to us today on one of the things I heard as basically a "team rebuilding" which is why it was more about what the Packers didn't do than what the Saints did.

He also scoffed at any praise of Winston because he only threw for 150 yds - despite the 5 TDs. He even went out of his way to point out that prior to the 55 yd strike, it was all short TD passes.

Funny...when you consider that his idol Patrick Mahommes throws about 25-30 TDs a year under 5 yds. Basically any time the Chiefs are within 5 yds of the end zone, Reid almost always calls a pass.

So now...it's Winston isn't putting up gaudy yards. 5 TDs isn't impressive to this tool, if it's not a 400-500 yd game.

Cowherd wasn't much better today. Last week, he and his co-host took the under on Saints winning 8.5 games. Today, he referred to them as a rebuilding team as well.

Rebuilding what?!? We return our entire O-line and almost the entire defense, plus Kamara. What are rebuilding from? Where is this narrative coming from?

I’m just curious what nick wright has to say. Dude went out of his way to address saints fans to say saints are finished. He was talking about Jameis winning the starting job then went totally left field to hate.
Nick Wright lost credibility when he changed to be a great value Skip Bayless

And finally the one that really annoys the excrement out of me - “Well, the Bucs lost big to the Saints last season and they went on to win the Super Bowl”.
Make sure they also know that the last team to hold Rodgers to 0 TD, 2 INT and less than 200 yards passing went to the Super Bowl (once again, TB last season)

I saw his segment. Of course douchenozzle had to throw in a "BUT" when it comes to the Saints. IIRC it was "But can Winston be consistent?"

I generally ignore Nick. Broussard and Vick typically have more reasonable takes.

SFIAH

I hadn't watched ESPN/Fox Sports/NFL Network since last year and I was reminded why today. Every segment I saw except one on ESPN2 with Keyshawn Johnson (who is great and thoughtful) was about how the Packers lost because Rodgers was disgruntled. I honestly expected the media to care more about the Winston story line.

38-3 wins are not flukes, not even in week 1. That's especially true when you have a team that has pedigree like ours. We are not rebuilding, and I have no idea how anyone thought we would win less than 8 games. Even if Winston were only average, this is a 10 win team. Payton went 8-1 with backup QBs over the pervious two years. Were all these pundits not alive for that?

National media has prewritten scripts. When they fail, it's always because the supposed winner in the script didn't do what they were supposed to do.

I found it interesting that each of the lady hosts on the national media shows today (Kay Adams, Elle Duncan, Molly Rose, Jenna Wolfe) each insisted that the guys talk about the Saints and Jameis.

SFIAH

No media can ruin this for me.
We played against Aaron Rogers and stoned him. We also blew them apart with our offense.
My wife listens to t.v. guys. She was mad because they kept making excuses for the Pack. I listen to Hoss and Deuce. Hoss kind of reminds me of Lindsey Nelson from way back, except better sport coats.

I'm going to give it a few games before I get too high on the Saints or too low on the Packers.

I liked what I saw, but it was just one game. I do agree that GMFB spent way more time talking about the losung team than about the winner. No credit for the defense and very little for the offense.

Well, I'd rather watch a slow motion train wreck like GB is about to be with rogers crying and whining than a bulldozer drive down the street.

and, for what it's worth, every single person who has commented on the game has talked about the total domination of the saints over the cheese.

I'm not about to tell y'all anything new but the media obviously expects a big drop off in QB play from Drew, which is fair enough really, generally when you lose a Hall of Famer your offense takes a step back and more so when it's a HOF QB. I find it a bit irritating myself considering how downright disrespectful some of them have been regarding Drew the last two seasons but it is what it is. Because Drew retired, we're automatically rebuilding, even though a good portion of these guys were saying the team was carrying Drew rather than the other way around at multiple times over the last two seasons (which could be argued that was true at least in some games). That is their narrative, and they aren't going to bail on it after one week. I also think they're in shock that we basically won playing smash mouth football when one of their favorite criticisms over the years is that we're a finesse team under Payton, though as others have mentioned when Drew was out these last two years we tended to call a more balanced, smash mouth style game, which shows even that narrative is silly. The great thing for us is that it really doesn't matter what they have to say, as a matter of anecdotal fact (which I think most of Saints fans can relate too as well), I'd even go as far as to say things tend to work out much better for us historically when the media have doubted us, certainly during the Payton Era. Payton himself seems to loathe the media for the most part so I think it even gives him an edge honestly.

Some of their questions are valid, Can Winston be consistent is a valid question. If our defense has a down game can the offense win in shoot outs? I think it's arguable that we're more equipped to win in shoot outs now than we have been in the last few years if only because of the ******** air yards they rave about so much. We will see. Definitely don't let these people get you down after a win like that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom