The Saints vs Media (1 Viewer)

Why does the media talk more about the losing team than the Saints winning?

2 answers.

1. They don't. I could right now find 50 videos of media raving about the Saints performance. I've watched them for 3 days now.
2. Again, they don't, but you desperately want this to be true.
3. The Packers and Aaron Rodgers getting smoked is quite the story. He's an all time great, a worthy Super Bowl contender, and he got punked. That's definitely a story. Why wouldn't they run with a story like that?

This falls under the same umbrella as those that thinks Joe Buck, Cris Collinsworth, etc "hates the Saints"......following a broadcast where they have complimented the Saints throughout the entire game.

It's actually an interesting phenomenon, it's blatantly not accurate but we continue to push the narrative.
Every fanbase thinks the media hates their team. Even Dallas fans think the media wants the team to be bad to drive hate watching.

From what I've seen the coverage has been fair.

They're right to point out that it was a very uncharacteristic game from Rodgers and the pack, while still giving the Saints props for executing the game plan perfectly.

Money, size of fanbase and did I mention money?

Saints are a small market team with a small fanbase yes we have some diehard fans and probably some of the most loyal and rabid fans in the league. But we don't bring in money revenue. I went to Buffalo Wild Wings during the Saints game yesterday and half of the restaurant was filled with Pittsburg fans in Tyler, Tx. I swear I thought it was in Pennsylvania. When the Saints game came on there were maybe outside my group of 3 there might of been 3 to 4 other Saints fan.

There were more Green Bay fans in Florida than there were Saints and geographically speaking Louisiana is closer. The talking heads don't care about us and nor will they we don't command a lot of money.
Saints are a small market team, but a BIGGER population of local & regional fans, that the Packers!
Light attendance by Saints fans MIGHT have had to do w/Ida chasing the team, their families & many fans out of town. A few more important financial/life decisions than traveling to FLA for a game.
GB fans travel & had no reason to worry about location, they were going to travel anyway.

One reason the media doesn't give much love about the Saints is their ignorance of the facts.

They don't bother to do their homework!

They can recite chapter and verse of their favorite teams, but for the Saints, we're lucky if they even know the book exists.

For instance...

I only heard once about the Saints RUNNING game and that was on Sports Center after the game: Tim (Bald guy, can't recall last name) mentioned vaguely that the Pack couldn't run but the Saints did, and Woody (ex O-lineman for NE) mentioned that the Saints ran it 39 times.

But NOBODY, not on that show or any other show, ever mentioned that the Saints RAN for 140 yards in the FIRST HALF!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom