Speculation The Saints were apparently this close to signing Tom Brady. (1 Viewer)

lol. Darlington is an idiot. Got off the phone with a friend who is very close to Brady. Brady's top choice was New Orleans, but he knew if Brees wanted to come back that "they would do right by Brees". He had plenty of backup plans, Tampa Bay was his next choice, but there were a couple of teams that were interested but passed on him who have atrocious QBs. This was absolutely a jab at teams like the bears who picked Trubumsky over an unquestioned first ballot Hall of Famer.

Last edited:
Slow news day for ESPN.

If it wasn't for the momentum shifting Cook fumble.

ESPN and rest of sports would not be sucking on Brady's jock this off-season and making the BUCS seem like they are the '85 Bears.

i am willing to bet it was 49ers.

Serious question here: other than the professional respect afforded to Brady and all the championships he's managed to be a part of, does anyone really like him?

well with it being the Saints and with exception of 2009, this team seems to always have the worst luck. Its as if there is a mirror breaking contest every year.

With that in mind Brady wouldn't have won here. It is just the way it is.

I don't know why people have so much hate for Brady. The media being "all over him" maybe, but i do not see anything in his personality that screams, jerk. Then again, I do not concern myself with soap opera.

Concerning last year, the Bucs defense played "lights out" in the playoffs.

Anyway, it is definitely not Brees he is referring to. He came out and visited Brees and his kids after Brees' last game.

---

I think it's gotta be the Bears. The Bears have been mentioned as one of the teams he was looking at, plus the 49ers went to the Super Bowl with Garropolo, so I don't think it would have been surprising that they were sticking with him. But Trubisky was a complete disaster, so I can see the idea that the Bears would stick with him over making a pitch to Brady as eliciting that kind of response.

Last edited:
I think there are two aspects to the article.

1. The Saints intended to sign TB12, but afforded Drew the luxury of deciding whether to play on or not.

2. Another team - likely the 49ers or the Bears - opted to stick with their incumbent for another season.

It is team #2 that Brady was referring to. Brady plainly isn't disrespecting Drew. And in any case, he's right. What a daft move to stick with Jimmy G or Trubisky/Foles in preference to the GOAT. The Super Bowl win puts that beyond any doubt.

The Brady to New Orleans rumour has been doing the rounds since well before the Bucs won the Super Bowl. It has been repeated by some fairly credible sources. My impression is that it is accurate, and I tend to agree that the 2020 season is a case of what might have been for the Saints.

This myopic view of the Saints and Drew is getting out of hand. Drew has had the best team in the NFL at his disposal since 2017 and we didn't even make one Super Bowl in that entire period. Of course, he is not exclusively to blame for that, but he saved some of his worst games in the black and gold for the playoffs.

As much as I love the Saints, I would say that the Chiefs has had the best roster the last few years!

Darlington apparently thinks the rest of the world is as stupid as he is. Nobody would be surprised by the best player in a franchise's history coming back. What a stupid comment on his part. "They're going to keep the guy that threw the most yards in NFL history?????" Way to get your name out there Darlington, no bad press, right, dummy?

Also:

Does anyone know what he is trying to say here? Is English his first language?
What your referring to is on Get Up show they ask the guest who should of signed Brady for the 2020 season and Darlington said New Orleans. We knew Drew came back, thats why Brady went to Tampa. Brady was looking at 49ers cause he's from Cali, but that wasn't in the plans so he was talking to Sean and Mickey, but Drew decided to return. Nothing here to see.

I think there are two aspects to the article.

1. The Saints intended to sign TB12, but afforded Drew the luxury of deciding whether to play on or not.

2. Another team - likely the 49ers or the Bears - opted to stick with their incumbent for another season.

It is team #2 that Brady was referring to. Brady plainly isn't disrespecting Drew. And in any case, he's right. What a daft move to stick with Jimmy G or Trubisky/Foles in preference to the GOAT. The Super Bowl win puts that beyond any doubt.

The Brady to New Orleans rumour has been doing the rounds since well before the Bucs won the Super Bowl. It has been repeated by some fairly credible sources. My impression is that it is accurate, and I tend to agree that the 2020 season is a case of what might have been for the Saints.

This myopic view of the Saints and Drew is getting out of hand. Drew has had the best team in the NFL at his disposal since 2017 and we didn't even make one Super Bowl in that entire period. Of course, he is not exclusively to blame for that, but he saved some of his worst games in the black and gold for the playoffs.
truth, i think as soon as he got wind of brady possibly coming here, he decided to not retire, the whole russel letting him start the pro bowl game comes to mind. he wouldnt be able to handle only winning one superbowl and brady coming here and likely getting one prob two.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom