The Saints will draft a DT with #1 pick........ (1 Viewer)

Listen to this interview and you could read into it we are trading up with the Jets.
http://www.webwiseforradio.com/site_files/244/File/rick_mueller_030108(2).mp3

He tries to clear up the trade for Vilma

"Nooo, It is not a 2009 draft pick. it's a 2008, 4th round pick. there's some change on the other end if this kid does a lot of different thing, but basically it boils down to a fourth round pick in this years draft."

"obviously he's a guy (Vilma) that need someone in front of him"

There you have it. My conspiracy theory behind the mix up in what draft picks we are giving the Jets, A 4th for Vilma and a 2nd next year to swap 1st this year.

With the #6 pick in the draft the Saints select Dorsey/Ellis.

There you have it.

How do I get a bunch of those dancing pink elephants to appear?

The Chiefs are most certainly going to go O-Line, probably Clady as Long may be gone.

Don't underestimate the injury scares causing Dorsey to drop. He just might.

Moral of the story is that one of them might be there, but do not sell the farm to go up and get them.

It would make sense and I think we will be addressing the dline with that 10th pick, simply because you build from the trenches and with a guy like Vilma who is the QB of your defense, getting Dorsey, Ellis or Balmer in the first round is an investment to the future of Vilma, there are some good corners in this coming draft...we all want DRC or Jenkins or McKelvin...but that doesn't make the other corners Cason, King, Flowers etc less attractive...there is talent beyond those three guys at CB and I think that's how its gonna go, DRC will go on to shine for another team and guys on here will never forgive the Saints for it, meanwhile Vilma will be racking up 150 tackle and pro bowl seasons because we strengthened the front line for him....and a guy like Cason or King will have good seasons in the Saints secondary because of the investment the Saints made to the front 7.

I'd rather take DRC or McKelvin (sp?) and trade up to get Laws if we have to. I'm not real fond of this Balmer character.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom