The Saints will draft a DT with #1 pick........ (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I have seen mentioned on here about Sean P. drafting Offense with the 1st pick. I really think that the F.O. knows that our front seven needs to be addressed. If they do draft an offensive player then I will have to just have faith , and believe they know best !

I hope so. And when it looked like Rogers was going to CIN I thought the stars were aligning. The only way we get one now is if we trade up (and we are getting rid of all of our ammo or trading our entire 09 draft away) or Gholston or Long falls to the Bengals and they view DE as a higher need.

I don't know about this.

With such a glaring need at DT and Ellis and Dorsey projected to go ahead of #10, you'd think they would have made a stronger push for Rogers/Williams/Stroud. Do they know something we don't know? Are they THAT enamored with Balmer?

With such a glaring need at DT and Ellis and Dorsey projected to go ahead of #10, you'd think they would have made a stronger push for Rogers/Williams/Stroud. Do they know something we don't know? Are they THAT enamored with Balmer?

im not too sure dt is a glaring need, we could use an upgrade but in not in dire need of replacement imo. hollis is solid, and young is a good pass rusher(when healthy) plus clancy provides good depth. we could use a more consistant passrusher up the middle but its not an area of red alert at all imo.

and as far as balmer goes hes not that bad a prospect imo hes a huge ripped athlete how could be a great playmaker in this league. im not sold on him with the tenth pick because of his motor but i wouldnt beat myself up if we pick him.

LOL

People.

We need a CB even if we get Randall

I'm more comfy with Young and Hollis then David and Craft.

Dorsey and Ellis will be gone by the 6th pick, so unless they are gonna reach and draft Balmer at 10 we won't take a DT in the 1st.

I think we address our back 7 in the 1st RD, namely a CB or LBer. I think a guy like Trev Laws, or Pat Sims will still be there when our 2nd pick is up. If Kenny Phillips falls into the 20's, I'd love to see us move up for him.

Dorsey and Ellis will be gone by the 6th pick, so unless they are gonna reach and draft Balmer at 10 we won't take a DT in the 1st.

There is a chance one drops to 8 if it goes like this:

1) Miami - Chris Long
2) St. Louis - Jake Long
3) Atlanta - Matt Ryan
4) Oakland - Darren McFadden (just re-signed Tommy Kelly for $50m)
5) Kansas City - almost certainly Ellis or Dorsey
6) NY Jets - Vernon Gholston (superb combine, outside edge rusher)
7) Patriots - no need for Ellis/Dorsey with 3 1st rounders perfectly suited and studs on their D-line

If one is on the board at 8, we must trade up

If they draft Balmer I am gonna cut my face off and mail it to Loomis.

There is a chance one drops to 8 if it goes like this:

1) Miami - Chris Long
2) St. Louis - Jake Long
3) Atlanta - Matt Ryan
4) Oakland - Darren McFadden (just re-signed Tommy Kelly for $50m)
5) Kansas City - almost certainly Ellis or Dorsey
6) NY Jets - Vernon Gholston (superb combine, outside edge rusher)
7) Patriots - no need for Ellis/Dorsey with 3 1st rounders perfectly suited and studs on their D-line

If one is on the board at 8, we must trade up

I don't know man... had we made a couple moves to bring in a starter or 2 in the 1st couple days of free agency this would be justified. But since we didn't... we'll need to get at least 2... maybe 3 starters in the draft.

We have huge craters at CB, OLB, and TE. And to an extent... FS.

No way we can give away picks to move up to get a DT, when we already have Hollis, Klancy, Lake, and a newly-resigned Bryan Young... can't justify that trade.

All of the positions that I mentioned could have been upgraded with starters (that wouldn't break us), but either the players refused to talk, or our FO missed the boat.

I thought there was still hope for an OLB until I saw this morning that Demorrio Williams had signed with KC. :(

Listen to this interview and you could read into it we are trading up with the Jets.
http://www.webwiseforradio.com/site_files/244/File/rick_mueller_030108(2).mp3

He tries to clear up the trade for Vilma

"Nooo, It is not a 2009 draft pick. it's a 2008, 4th round pick. there's some change on the other end if this kid does a lot of different thing, but basically it boils down to a fourth round pick in this years draft."

"obviously he's a guy (Vilma) that need someone in front of him"

There you have it. My conspiracy theory behind the mix up in what draft picks we are giving the Jets, A 4th for Vilma and a 2nd next year to swap 1st this year.

With the #6 pick in the draft the Saints select Dorsey/Ellis.

There you have it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom