The Satanic Temple is now designated a tax-exempt church. (1 Viewer)

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
On a related topic :hihi:, the Satanic Temple has been designated a tax-exempt church by the IRS.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/satanic-temple-irs-has-designated-it-a-tax-exempt-church

SALEM, Mass. – The Satanic Temple says it's been designated a church by the Internal Revenue Service.

The Salem, Massachusetts-based organization provided The Associated Press with a notice it recently received communicating its new tax-exempt status. The letter used a code that classifies it as a "church or a convention or association of churches."

Queue R.E.M.

Hail Satan! :hihi:

Unfortunately, events like this one can and will feed people's fears of the end of the world, be pointed to as proof of prophesies.

Honestly, even though I think they're deranged nut cases, what makes their church any less of a church than others? If that's who they want to worship, then their place of worship shouldn't be treated any differently than any of the other hundreds of religions out there.

I have no problem with this. They're a religion after all. Sure, sacrificing bunnies and goats and what-not is gonna cheese off the PETA crowd...but at the end of the day they're still a religion. We can't only ascribe religious rights and freedoms to the ones we like....

If the purpose of giving the tax exemption is to encourage goodness then how is worship of satan deserving of tax exemption?

I have no problem with this. They're a religion after all. Sure, sacrificing bunnies and goats and what-not is gonna cheese off the PETA crowd...but at the end of the day they're still a religion. We can't only ascribe religious rights and freedoms to the ones we like....
I think that’s the Church of Satan. Big difference. The Satanic Temple “uses Satanic imagery to promote egalitarianism, social justice, and the separation of church and state. Their stated mission is "to encourage benevolence and empathy among all people.”

I think their name is just to get rise out of people.

Last edited:
At least The Satanic Church might stay out of politics and legitimately maintain its exemption.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom